Home Forums WoodMart support forum Blog layout problems/suggestions

Blog layout problems/suggestions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mjwilson
    Participant

While I really like your Woodmart Theme, the blog area is kind of aggravating to me!

I have no idea how hard it is to create a Theme, but I used to be a Typesetter, and I am pretty particular about layouts!

I am attaching a screen shot to show you some of the issues I have found with your blog layout. I don’t know if any of this can be fixed, but I do know that other themes I have purchased do work in this way, and are formatted better than this blog layout is.

Margins – The margins you have set for the main blog post page are too wide. We can change the main body area, to shorten the width, but if we try to shorten the width of the container area that shows “previous/next” posts and the social media icons, the code gets broken or adds too much white space, in mobile view.

There should be a “white area” margin, between the blog posts and the sidebar. As you can see, the social media icons are basically “touching” the sidebar area, which is really too close. White space adds “breathing” room between text areas.

Is there a way to “box” the sidebar? Other themes offer this option and that is a way to separate the sidebar from the main body area, although the main body area is still too close to the sidebar, even if the sidebar could be boxed. Usually when a sidebar can be boxed, each widget you add, has its own “box” around it, which also separates the widgets from each other.

I think my screen shot shows what I am talking about.

If any of this could be fixed now, or in a future version, then I think Woodmart would be a “perfect” theme!

Thanks.

Mj

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

So as we can understand, you just want to decrease the area for your posts on the single post page? Try to use the following CSS code for this

.single-post .site-content {
    	padding: 0 60px;
    }

Regards

mjwilson
    Participant

My questions went a little deeper than just decreasing the post area!

My husband already added code to decrease the post area, so that is working fine now. The rest of the page still has too large of margins.

If you look at the screen shot I uploaded, you will see that it is the area BELOW the single post, that runs into the sidebar. It is a rule and the “previous/next” posts.

My husband has tried to “fix” that area, but it breaks the code and just adds a lot of unnecessary white space in mobile view.

The WHOLE blog page itself, needs to have margins “set” so that nothing is running into the sidebar.

Plus, a “boxed” sidebar area would be a nice feature to have.

Mj

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but we can’t understand your request.

the area BELOW the single post, that runs into the sidebar. It is a rule and the “previous/next” posts. – what do you mean here?

My husband has tried to “fix” that area, but it breaks the code and just adds a lot of unnecessary white space in mobile view. – you can add your custom CSS for desktop devices only to prevent breaking the mobile layout.

Plus, a “boxed” sidebar area would be a nice feature to have. – What do you call a boxed sidebar?

mjwilson
    Participant

I don’t know why you can’t understand what I am saying! I included a fully marked up photo.

Since you are having problems, I have created a video, with audio, explaining what I put in the photo I already uploaded. Link to the video is below.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Thanks.

Mj

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, let try to fix everything one by one

1. Remove your custom CSS code that doesn’t work well for you https://gyazo.com/d36a8b1aac49439d70a6b2cb4cb10874

2. Add the one we sent you already

.single-post .site-content {
    	padding: 0 100px 0 50px;
    }

3. The boxed layout of the sidebar you demonstrated on your website looks absolutely different than our theme design. You was able to see on our demo before purchase how the sidebar looks and that it is not boxed as on your website. There is no background for the page as on your website so you can’t make it boxed.

mjwilson
    Participant

#1 & 2 – YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! It worked!!!

#3 – I KNOW this theme doesn’t come with a boxed layout, but blog posts shouldn’t RUN INTO the sidebar. Plus, you didn’t know what I meant by “boxed” so I showed you.

It looks 1000% better now with this new code you sent.

Problem solved (on this issue!)

Thanks.

Mj

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, contact us if you will have any extra questions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)