Home Forums WoodMart support forum Categories in page title

Categories in page title

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ashley.lloyd
    Participant

Hello there

We’re currently developing a new website using the theme and we’re blown away with it currently.

One issue we have is how can we control the categories which are displayed in the page title for shop categories? The issue we’re having is with the following link – http://dev.jollysjewellers.com/shop/rings/

You can see we have 22 subcategories for the “Rings” section but we would only want to display 5/6. Is there a way we can exclude certain categories from the page title or is there a way we can select the subcategories to display?

Many thanks

Hello,

Option “Categories in page title” will show the categories menu generated automatically based on all categories in the shop. It is not possible to manage this menu as other WordPress menus. “Show current category ancestors” allows showing sub-categories and category in the page

There is no option to show the part of subcategories, unfortunately.

Best Regards

ashley.lloyd
    Participant

Hello,

Is it in the roadmap to have this as an option? Ideally, I’d just like a checkbox within each category which says “Hide from page title categories”.

If this isn’t in development or not to be added as native, do you offer theme customisation as I feel this could be an important feature to aid design and navigation?

Thanks

Hello,

We shall consider this option but do not promise implementing it in the nearest future. Meanwhile, you can disable the categories from the shop page title and show the categories in the header as “Browse categories” or in the sidebar by means of Mega Menu widget element, which is added into the HTML block and shown by means of HTML widget in the shop page sidebar. In both these cases, you will be able to show your manually created menu and you would be able to decide which categories to show.

Best Regards

ashley.lloyd
    Participant

Hello there

I’m a bit confused by what you mean?

Am I able to create an HTML block to replace the top navigation area and manually replicate the menu myself? I can’t see an option in categories to add a HTML block.

Thanks

Hello,

HTML block would not solve the problem. You cannot add HTML to the shop page. The shop page is the functional Woocommerce page and we do not recommend edit it.

You can disable the title or categories in the title. Or customize the template as per your needs. Such customization is not covered by our support.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)