Home Forums WoodMart support forum category settings

category settings

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Alemantico
    Participant

dear people,

I spent a lot of hours before contacting you with my regards;

Currently there are 3 main issues I’m confronted with;

1st: under what option can I set to display only the sub-categories under the Categories? What I mean is: Currently, under “digital goods”, my page is showing all products from all subcategories. But I’d like to display only the subcategories, instead of all products. So users have to choose the respective sub-category before seeing the products. Further, at the top (“Browse categories”) I’d love have only all product categories & subcategories listed. At my first thought I considered of using the menu option “personalized urls”, but I guess it won’t work when using a multi language shop. Is there another way around?

2nd: In your preview I’ve seen an excellent solution for a multi-language switcher at the very top of the page (https://woodmart.xtemos.com/). Would you please so nice to advice me to a tutorial/documentation, that helps me to achieve that like this?

the last issue I’m working on is about the bg-image on the page; No matter what size I choose (currently 1900pxx1425) – I’m always having with spaces around. I’ve already tried all available options, but I can’t make the white spaces disappear. Could you please avice me on how to manage this?

Thank you for your time!

best regards!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme for your project.

1. Please, provide us your website url and attach screenshots for this.

2. As was mentioned on our demo, these functions come with WPML plugin.

3. We need to see this problem on your website to understand what is wrong.

Regards

Alemantico
    Participant

Dear people,
    thank you very much for your quick response! The link to my site is http://www.austrialandscapes.com.
    best regards! The necessary screenshot is already added into my first post. Please let me know, in case anything else is still be unclear.
    best regards!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, attach a screenshot regarding your first issue.

As for the background, try to set the background size option to “cover” and background-attachment to “scroll” or “inherit”.

Alemantico
    Participant

Dear Artem Team,

thank you for your response! I changed the settings as you adviced; At least the white spaces on the sitebars are gone now. But there’s still a white space at the very bottom of the page (screenshot). I’ve looked for some margin or padding options inside the footer section, but couldn’t spot it yet. I’ve already tried to modify the css into: `Element {
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    }
    .woodmart-prefooter {
    padding-bottom: 0px;
    }`
    But somehow its still a white space at the bottom. I also added you a screenshot about the mixed categories. You may also check the direct sitelink

thank you in advance for your support!

best regards!

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Extra white space appears there because of the extra cookies popup notice that is added by some of the installed plugins. It breaks our sticky footer height calculation and causes this extra space.

Regarding the first issue, sorry, but we can’t change this in our theme scope. This functionality is a part of the WooCommerce plugin.

Alemantico
    Participant

dear people,

yes you were right about the category display options! I meanwhile could figure that out! But I could now figure out, that there are no images at the cross-sales sidebar, even the alt text already appears. I’ve already checked the widget area, if there were any wrong settings. But could not find anything there. This screenshot belongs to the url: http://austrialandscapes.com/product/insideout/

best regards
    p.s: (About the wpl I’ll check that in the near future)

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and check again your product images?

Alemantico
    Participant

dear people,
    I now disabled all plugins which aren’t related to the wordpress team. But I’m still not getting the images displayed. Is there anything else I could try? Maybe there’s some kind of hidden/visible setting for that additional cross sales images?

best regards!

Alemantico
    Participant

ok I got it! The issue came from the jetpack framework! So we made it 🙂 !Thank you for your help!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you solved it 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘category settings’ is closed to new replies.