Home Forums WoodMart support forum Child theme or parent

Child theme or parent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

edgardovac2298
    Participant

Hi, I have a question. I’m going to edit many things in the code.

But I want, for example if I update the theme or a plugin like woocommerce don’t lose the change.

I know that this is the reason why a person use the child theme. But, in my case I don’t know how to use it correctly.

I have parent theme and child theme.

But, for example if I have to edit functions.php and when I’m going to update the theme don’t lose the change.

If you can explain me how I can do that, I will aprecciate to you.

Thank you

Regards,
    Edgardo Vaca

Hello,

If you want to make customizations to the theme then we always Recommend to use the Child Theme. Then the customizations will not be lost after you update the theme.

You can read the following article for getting knowledge about a child theme:
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/wordpress-child-theme-pros-cons/

Regards.
    Xtemos Studios

edgardovac2298
    Participant

Yes, I know.

The thing is that, for example, like in the attachment, I want to edit the text “Wishlist is empty.” and the text in the button “Return to shop” and I know in which part is in the file manager “/public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/integrations/woocommerce/modules/wishlist/class-ui.php”

But, if I copy this to the child theme and work in them, changes are not made.
    But with other ones it’s function well.

Inclusive, I am using child theme configurator, that is good plugin for the child theme and using files of the parent theme, but some files doesn’t appear.

Or what you recommend in that case?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

There is no need to create the child theme to change the text, you can easily change the text by using the Loco Translate plugin on the site.

You can also watch the video in our detailed documentation in the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)