Home Forums WoodMart support forum Create category page based on attributes/values

Create category page based on attributes/values

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

PD11
    Participant

Hi,

I have created an attribute ‘Color’ with a couple of values. All my products will have 3 color variations each and I’d like to make it easier to find the right color based on gender. So, for example, I’d like to create a category ‘men’ with blue/green colors and a category ‘women’ with pink/purple colors. I’m going to use this plugin (https://woocommerce.com/products/products-by-attributes-variations-for-woocommerce/) to show all product variations on the category pages, so all color variations will be visible.

How can I obtain this? Is it possible to create filtered category pages based in values? And can I add content to filtered category pages to make them more SEO friendly?

Let me know what is possible. Thanks!

PD11
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve found a plugin in the meantime. Will this be compatible with the Woodmart theme?

https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-advanced-categories/17534283

Hello,

We have not tested the plugin that is why we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility and smooth working if the developer provides the refund, you can test and return if it is not compatible.

Best Regards

PD11
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I bought a plugin to obtain this and it requires to download the redux framework. When I install the redux framework plugin and activate it, it messes up the styling of the website (colors and font). I read in earlier topics that the redux framework should work with the Woodmart theme? Could you please check? Thanks!

Hello,

Redux Framework worked with theme versions under 4.x Now it is not compatible moreover it brakes the view and theme functionality. You will have to find another plugin.

Best Regards

PD11
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Ok too bad, I’m going to ask for a refund then.

Is it possible to create filtered category pages myself with Woodmart? So I’d like to have a category where, for example, the color ‘black’ and color ‘green’ are selected by default when you land on that category.

Hello,

I have double check and our theme suggests you the the following:

Please add this line add_filter( 'woodmart_redux_settings', '__return_false' );

to the functions.php of the child thme.

Best Regards

PD11
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I’ve added the line of code in the functions.php of the child theme, but unfortunately that didn’t work. Still the same.

Do you have another suggestion?

Hello,

Please save the Theme Settings and check. If it does not help, provide the site admin access as well as FTP access to the private area.

Best Regards

PD11
    Participant

Hi Elise,

What do you mean with save the theme settings and check? I’ve exported it now, but there is nothing to check.

Please find WP credentials in private section.

Hello,

Please provide your FTP access as well.

Best Regards

PD11
    Participant

Here you go

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and update the theme, then save the Theme settings and check the issue again.

Best Regards

PD11
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I’ve updated the theme and see that the issue have been fixed. Thanks a lot!

Best,

P

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Create category page based on attributes/values’ is closed to new replies.