Home Forums WoodMart support forum custom filter for products not displaying

custom filter for products not displaying

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

boxcart
    Participant

Hi
    I have created a custom products filter for a horse-trading website. I created it through your HTML blocks, I have categories – which are showing, but my attributes are not. I have Year of birth attribute, Height, Price, and Breed. I have inserted it into the shop and it is showing on my shop page but only the categories, not the attributes. I am under a tight deadline and I bought this theme especially because it had this feature so I could customise the filter by specific attributes. Please advise.
    Tracy

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

I see you added the custom filters to the shop page. Please note the shop page is a functional page, which should not be edited.

If you want to add filters to the top of the page, enable top filters in the Theme Settings > Shop. https://prnt.sc/r8761j Set to Widgets. Custom content is chosen when you want to add some text or other static content.

Then you need to add filter widgets into the Filter area in Appearance > Widgets https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/widgets/ You can add the Product categories widget as well. When you sort out the products they would be filtered by AJAX without reloading.

Here is the widget area – https://prnt.sc/r876kp

You will find two filters by default. They can be removed with custom CSS if you do not want them.

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

#WOODMART_Widget_Price_Filter,
    #WOODMART_Widget_Sorting{
    display:none;
    }

The custom filters are applied in any other pages which are not Woocommerce templates.

Best Regards

boxcart
    Participant

Morning
    Thank you for your speedy reply. I’m sorry for the long reply

I’m still confused.
    This statement says (If you want to add filters to the top of the page, enable top filters in the Theme Settings > Shop. https://prnt.sc/r8761j Set to Widgets. Custom content is chosen when you want to add some text or other static content and that Please note the shop page is a functional page, which should not be edited.)BUT this link https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/create-filters-form/. states that you can add this filters to the shop page: from the document – “Then you can use this HTML block to place it to the “Shop filters custom content” in Theme Settings -> Shop if you select “Custom content option” for “Shop filters content-type”. In this situation, they will be shown on your shop page above the products.” THIS PAgE makes no sense at all. Why does it say you can add shop filters thereby editing the shop page and you say above that you can’t?

So I am very confused. SO basically I can’t use this filter system as it says on the shop page despite what it states in your documents or am I interpreting this wrong.

Basically the horses are not going to be sold online it is more of a catalog of horses for people to browse through. So If I was to make the shop a catalog page it would not use woocommerce and it would allow me to use the filters as I put them?

So you are stating that the theme with woocommerce is fixed to sort only by the category, color, price, brand. Those can’t be changed to my own filters?

How would I be able to add the horses so it appears to be a shop setup and have my filter system, Discipline(category) Breed(attribute) Price(attribute) Height(attribute) Year of Birth(attribute)
    Sorry for all the questions It’s just this doesn’t make any sense when it states you can add filters to the shop but then you say you can’t because of woocommerce. Cause if that is the case I am back to square one like the old theme whereby I am stuck with a theme that can only sell things with pre-set filters.

Kind Regards
    Tracy

Hello,

I am sorry I am mistaken. You can use the filters on the shop page. Most shop owners prefer using default Woocommerce filters in this area. So I was a bit confused by myself.

Now I am checking your shop page and see you have configured and it works correctly https://prnt.sc/r8hwkf

When you set all these filters, you need to sort our the horse as per all the values and then it would work.

So you are stating that the theme with Woocommerce is fixed to sort only by the category, color, price, brand. Those can’t be changed to my own filters?

Both custom filters and Woocommerce filters sort out the product by an attribute. The product attribute is Woocomerce functionality. You can create any attribute, age, city, any you like and filter the commodity. The only condition – the attribute should be assigned to the product so that it could be filtered.

Best Regards

boxcart
    Participant

Thank you, yes I figured it out this morning. But now I have another problem I can’t figure out. I need to change the add to cart button that has READ MORE to DETAILS and I need to take away the icon on the hover and make it just have DETAILS ( NO ICON) CLients are not buying the horses online. Either the hover must go completely or needs to change to text on hover.

I tried sourcing everywhere to figure out how, through your forums so as not to bug you.

Thanks for your help

Hello,

You can rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you rewrite your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

.wd-add-btn-replace .add-to-cart-loop:hover span{
      -webkit-transform:none;
        transform: none;
    }
    .wd-add-btn-replace .add-to-cart-loop:after,
    .wd-add-btn-replace .add-to-cart-loop:before{
      display:none;
    }

Best Regards

boxcart
    Participant

Morning

I a missing something. I have tried the above suggestion to replace texts. I have translated from English (UK) to English (SA) but it doesn’t seem to be working. I type in Search for products and translate to search for horses ( as my client doesn’t like his horses to be called products (Urgh) but it stays the same. I have attached a screen shot

Or am I wrong in what this plugin is supposed to do. I must admit. You are the BEST support I have ever had for a THEME I have recommended you on facebook to all my wordpress communities as a shop theme and raved about your support system and theme capabilities.

Regards
    Tracy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

boxcart
    Participant

Morning

I a missing something. I have tried the above suggestion to replace texts. I have translated from English (UK) to English (SA) but it doesn’t seem to be working. I type in Search for products and translate to search for horses ( as my client doesn’t like his horses to be called products (Urgh) but it stays the same. I have attached a screenshot

Or am I wrong in what this plugin is supposed to do. I must admit. You are the BEST support I have ever had for a THEME I have recommended you on facebook to all my wordpress communities as a shop theme and raved about your support system and theme capabilities.

Regards
    Tracy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

boxcart
    Participant

Morning

I a missing something. I have tried the above suggestion to replace texts. I have translated from English (UK) to English (SA) but it doesn’t seem to be working. I type in Search for products and translate to search for horses ( as my client doesn’t like his horses to be called products (Urgh) but it stays the same. I watched the video. I tried to attach a screehshot by your site said its having technical difficulties

Regards
    Tracy

Hello,

First of all, set the appropriate language in Dashboard > Settings > General.

Next, you are translating the wrong phrase. This is the header search string. And you need to translate Woocommerce widget string. Try Loco > Plugins > Woocommerce.

Best Regards

boxcart
    Participant

Thank you so so so much

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘custom filter for products not displaying’ is closed to new replies.