Home Forums Basel support forum Customize WC Checkout page – is it OK to use WP Bakery WooCommerce Page Builder?

Customize WC Checkout page – is it OK to use WP Bakery WooCommerce Page Builder?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

oleg_dmitriev
    Participant

Hi guys, Basel is a great and very good-looking theme.

However, as you know the WooCommerce standard checkout is really boring.

I want to customize the Checkout page. Now, CartFlow is advertising really heavily, but they only have templates for Elementor and Divi. WP Bakery have a WooCommerce Page Builder, which seems ideal.

Moreover, WP Bakery is $43.20 incl VAT on Code Canyon, while CartFlows is $300. All seems perfect.

Will the Theme not break if I use the WP Bakery WooCommerce Page Builder to customize the Checkout page? Do you have experience with it?

Hello,

Unfortunately, our theme does not have any options to customize checkout as it is Woocommerce functionality. As you know our support covers the theme issues.

You can find a developer or contact our partners to partners https://wpkraken.io/?ref=xtemos.studio

Best Regards

oleg_dmitriev
    Participant

Elise,

Thanks! Using the theme standard elements, I created a “Single page” checkout mechanism: https://www.independent.wine/single-product-checkout/

I placed a Product Grid below the Single Product. The only problem, when I add a product to cart from the Grid, the order quantity in the Checkout section below does not refresh. If I ckick on any controls in the Checkout area (for example, “Ship to different address”), it refreshes.

Can you plese send me a snippet code, so that when you add a product to basket, the product count and price in the Checkout section below refreshes?

Hello,

The standard element works as it should, it adds one product into the cart on any page. You have configured the products to be purchased, provided the buyer takes at least two products. By default, Woocommerce adds one product from the grid and any quantity from the product page. Please contact our partners for the customization, if you need to change it. It is quite complicated customization and we do not have a quick snipped to provide.

Best Regards

oleg_dmitriev
    Participant

Elise,

You guys usually help very much. I am trying to use the WooCommerce One Page Checkout plugin here https://www.independent.wine/rioja-wine-landing/
    I had a chat with WooCommerce support. They say that because of conflict with the Basel Theme, the AJAX that recalculates quantity misfires.

I need the WooCommerce code to recalculate quantrity and totals. Can you suggest a quick fix?

BTW To control minimum quantity, I used a very simple solution, the WooCommerce Min/Max plugin. It is not a “deep customization” and I disabled the plugin and purged cashe – no difference.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but we don’t have a fix for this and it is out of our theme support scope.

Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)