Home Forums Basel support forum Email icon for social follow and social share is the same

Email icon for social follow and social share is the same

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Estefania
    Participant

Hi guys!
    I would like to show you that in my website the social link “email” is the same in share that in follow mode.
    When a user wants to contact to us by mail in follow, there is no email prepared. It is suppose to have our email address in the mailto:

Please, can you help me to fix this error?
    I am working with the child-theme.

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Estefanía.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

The only intention of this icon is the option to insert a visitor’s friend email address with the purpose of sharing website link with the friend.

Please note this icon’s functions is only “share” not “follow”

Kind Regards

Estefania
    Participant

Thanks, I understand….
    Thanks, Elise, I see…
    But this icon is placed in the “social-follow” set, so it is supposed to link directly to mailto:info@mysite.com
    I think this issue has to be fixed, because it is confusing for clients that wants to contact by email with the proprietary of website/shop.

I look forward your reply!

Thanks,
    Estefanía.

Hello,

Yes, you are right this icon should be removed. We shall fix this in our nearest updates.

Best Regards

Estefania
    Participant

Thanks Elise!
    But I did not mean to remove the mail icon in social-follow set.
    I did mean to link this icon with mailto:mysite@mysite.com, in order clients can contact directly with us.
    Actually, the mail icon can be disable from theme setting….
    Thanks a lot!
    Estefanía.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We understand, but this icon is not dedicated to allow your visitors to contact website’s administration. Usually, contact pages with corresponding forms are used for such purposes.

Regards

Estefania
    Participant

Ok, thanks!
    Best regards,
    Estefanía.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Email icon for social follow and social share is the same’ is closed to new replies.