Home Forums WoodMart support forum Google search showing wrong currency symbol

Google search showing wrong currency symbol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fouadabuhattab
    Participant

Hi,

My woo-commerce currency is set to SAR (Saudi Riyal) but when I search for some products on google it shows the EGP symbol instead of SAR.

The store location and default customer location are in Saudi Arabia and we are selling and shipping our products to Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and UAE using the SAR Currency only

For any products in our store, the SAR is the currency in the page source code.

Already Contacted woo-commerce and rank math support about this issue, and they requested I add the following code to my theme functions to reset currency in search engines. But that doesn’t resolve the issue.

function isBot(&$botname = ”){
    $bots = array(
    ‘rambler’,’googlebot’,’aport’,’yahoo’,’msnbot’,’turtle’,’mail.ru’,’omsktele’,
    ‘yetibot’,’picsearch’,’sape.bot’,’sape_context’,’gigabot’,’snapbot’,’alexa.com’,
    ‘megadownload.net’,’askpeter.info’,’igde.ru’,’ask.com’,’qwartabot’,’yanga.co.uk’,
    ‘scoutjet’,’similarpages’,’oozbot’,’shrinktheweb.com’,’aboutusbot’,’followsite.com’,
    ‘dataparksearch’,’google-sitemaps’,’appEngine-google’,’feedfetcher-google’,
    ‘liveinternet.ru’,’xml-sitemaps.com’,’agama’,’metadatalabs.com’,’h1.hrn.ru’,
    ‘googlealert.com’,’seo-rus.com’,’yaDirectBot’,’yandeG’,’yandex’,
    ‘yandexSomething’,’Copyscape.com’,’AdsBot-Google’,’domaintools.com’,
    ‘Nigma.ru’,’bing.com’,’dotnetdotcom’
    );
    foreach($bots as $bot)
    if(stripos($_SERVER[‘HTTP_USER_AGENT’], $bot) !== false){
    $botname = $bot;
    return true;
    }
    return false;
    }
    add_action(‘wp_head’, function(){
    if( isBot() ){
    if (class_exists(‘WOOCS’)) {
    global $WOOCS;
    $WOOCS->reset_currency();
    }
    }
    });

Also, rank math support tell me to contact the theme about this issue there is a possibility to be the theme caused the issue.

Also, the EGP Currency showing in some of the products but not all of them instead SAR

Can you help me or advance me about this issue, it’s a very sensitive issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

fouadabuhattab
    Participant

Hello, I can’t deactivate your theme on my live website, Also all of my pages are crawled and indexed in google

In the source code for any product, the currency is SAR the problem just when searching for our products in google the search results display EGP.

Also When staging my website I can’t measure the changes because not indexed in google.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The currency is a part of the WooCommerce plugin functionality and our theme doesn’t influence it. Try to make your staging website open to google bot and we will check how it works there with other themes.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)