Home Forums WoodMart support forum How to align sidebar (product filter) with product grid on category page?

How to align sidebar (product filter) with product grid on category page?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dukamalabuhader
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve noticed that using some lengthier category description on the category page will result in a quite weird layout, see attached screenshot. The product filter will be detached from the product grid. Is there a way to use a full-width category description and “push” the filter downwards to be aligned with the product grid?

Thanks in advance!
    Regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I saw the screenshot you attached. Sorry but there is no such option. If we try using CSS then the sidebar of the shop page and other categories pages will move down as well.

If you still want the CSS then you can try adding the following Custom CSS in the Custom CSS for Desktop area under Theme Settings >> Custom CSS at your own risk.

.sidebar-container {
    margin-top: 37%;
    }
    .term-description {
    margin-left: -35%;
    }

Best Regards.

Dukamalabuhader
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.
    Negative margin left indeed expands the description, but moving the sidebar down only works for a certain page width, i.e. for the corresponding height of the category description area. Once I set a different page width the description area adjusts its height to acomodate the text and the layout gets broken again.
    Actually I was hoping that there could be some PHP template tweak to achieve this.

Regards.

Hello,

As I mentioned in my previous reply that you can test the code of your own it might disturb the other things.

Sorry but we could not help you with this as you are asking for core file customization that are beyond limitations and theme support scope.

Best Regards.

Dukamalabuhader
    Participant

Hello,

you might be calling it a customization, for me it is a bug.
    The layout is simply put broken, as the filter has no meaningful function next to the category description and belongs right next to the product grid.
    Hope this bug will be addressed with some of the theme updates in the near future.

Thanks.

Hello,

It’s not a bug it is set as the default behavior because the sidebar has its own width set. So the page content won’t take its width as well.

Thank You So much for notifying, We will consider adding options for this in the near future update of the theme but not promise that the option will be added.

Regard’s.
    Xtemos Studio.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)