Home Forums WoodMart support forum How to change some fixed texts in the Header ? (default demo)

How to change some fixed texts in the Header ? (default demo)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ookami_studios
    Participant

Hi !

It’s the fist try with your Theme and it’s really good 🙂

But i don’t find how to change this 3 texts in the default demo homepage
    1- “BROWSE CATEGORIES” in the head of categories menu in the left panel,
    2- “Search for products” in the search form in the header,
    3- “Select category” in the search form in the header,

May you help me ? Thanks a lot.

Best regards, Fred

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

You can translate/rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please check the video tutorial to see how to save the translation file correctly. You can remove the plugin and translations would remain. Also, translations would remain after each theme update.

In order to translate the Woocommerce strings, you need to create a separate translation in Loco > Plugins > Woocommerce in the same way as shown in the video.

Best Regards

ookami_studios
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Thank you for your answer 🙂
    I would prefer to change a php file but it will be ok.

Have a great day.
    Best regards,
    Frédéric

graphblue
    Participant

Hi ookami_studios,

Did you manage to fix the problem and everything went well? The last time I modified the php files, the site broke down and did not work properly, I had to reinstall the theme. Can you guide me please, I was very frustrated by this problem, and the support only guides me to loco translate, which does not work properly.

Thanks.

Hello,

We highly recommend using Loco and avoiding entering the code, moreover, all your translation would be lost after each update if you translate in code.

You need to create the translation, save it properly, and then you can even delete the Loco and the translation would remain.

Best Regards

ookami_studios
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your answer 🙂

In fact i tried to change via the theme child. It work for files witch are in “header-elements” but no in “inc” for example.

@graphblue
    : i think that i use Loco as Elise told me

Thank you for your time Elise,
    Best regards,
    Frédéric

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How to change some fixed texts in the Header ? (default demo)’ is closed to new replies.