Home Forums Basel support forum How to choose the size of the gallery photo???

How to choose the size of the gallery photo???

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hey Elise,

I have a small issue for you, something for in between 😜:

How do I choose the size for the gallery photo, which is then displayed in the category and in the shop?

I know there was in the product itself the possibility to select. I have now looked through the description of various articles 10-20 times, over and over again, but I can not find the function. Is it lost in the new theme version????

If you know how to do that, then please tell it to me.

Greetings from the wild office 🦹🏻‍♂️
    Aaron

Hello,

If products have featured images of different size the product grid items will have different height and the inner content, such as title, price and “Add to cart button” would be on different levels. The best solution is to upload images of equal size and proportion, however, considering a great deal of products on the site, such a solution cannot be always applicable.

In order to settle the issue, navigate to Appearance – > Customize -> WooCommerce -> Product Image and find the size option for product page image as well as images in a grid:
    Main image width – Image size used for the main image on single product pages. These images will remain uncropped. Image width used in demo sites are: 600px;
    Thumbnail width – Image width used for products in the catalog, Image width for the catalog is 350px;

There is no required or recommended image size for product or other purposes. Image should be big enough to have a nice view. Just for information we provide images sizes applied in our demo:

Product main image: width: 800px; height: 1200px;
    Blog post: width: 1024px; height: 720px;
    Page title background: 1200px; height: 400px;

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hey Elise,

thank you for the fantastic informations, I will make it exactly that way. 😊

How can I choose the photo size in the grid view: large pink and blue small???

Thank you !!!! 😘
    Aaron

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Here the photo

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

one more try

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please deactivate Products grid with different sizes and Masonry grid in the Theme Settings > Shop and images would be of the same size.

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Oh nooooooooooooooo 🤪

My dearest Elise,

you understand me wrong!!!! I LOVE the masonry grid with different sizes, that ws one reason to buy your AMAZING theme!!! The best EVER!!! 😍

My only question is how I can select the photo size: small and large ???

Thanks,
    Aaron

Hello,

There is no way to chose. The sizes are assigned randomly.

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

GREAT ELISE – THANK YOU!!!

I could have sworn that I have to choose. If not then it is even better. 👍👍👍👍👍

Well, the topic finished. 🥳

I could have sworn that you have to hire. If not then it is even better.

Well, that’s the topic finished.

Now I’ve discovered (by testing and looking) again something. Why is in the category in the beginning ‘Archive’ ???? I have re-saved the permalinks and in the category I can not find such a thing ….

Archive is totally confusing, I have to remove that.
    What have I done wrong again ??? 😩

THANK YOU !!!! ❤️
    Aaron

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

HEY!!!

Forget my last message. 🙃 I am still tired, I have to finish our shop as soon as possible… Archive seemed to be added when I work on it. in other taps it is not added….

THANK YOU FOR ALL!!! Now the SHOP looks really good in all details.

This is only thanks to your great support. I do not know what I would do without your help. Thank you very much, you are great.

❤️ ✨ 💖 ✨ ❤️ ✨ 💖 ✨ ❤️ ✨ 💖 ✨ ❤️ ✨ 💖 ✨ ❤️ ✨ 💖 ✨ ❤️ ✨ 💖 ✨ ❤️ ✨ 💖 ✨

Have a nice weekend.

Greetings Aaron

You are welcome!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How to choose the size of the gallery photo???’ is closed to new replies.