Home Forums Basel support forum Issue with Post Type Builder (1.5.6)

Issue with Post Type Builder (1.5.6)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Since we upgraded to PTB version 1.5.6 none of the page that have post type content are showing images. When we switch to a default them (like 2017), everything works fine. Originally we were running version 4.6.1 on this site when the issue occurred, but I updated to 5.0.0 and the issue remains. The plugin author confirmed that it was an issue with the basel theme.

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

Unfortunately, we did not declare compatibility with the Post Type Builder plugin, since there are a lot of plugins, our theme cannot be compatible with everyone. We do not have instructions for this plugin.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

May I please have a list of Post Type Plugins that you are compatible with.

Hello,

We have not tested any plugins to guarantee 100% compatibility. Try free plugins or paid plugins that provide 14 days refund in case it is not compatible.

Best Regards

I think I know what the issue might be. We created a custom post type called Portfolio, which your theme already has. So I think that because of that, your theme is conflicting with the post type. Is there a way we can “deregister” your Portfolio post type?

Hello,

Try to disable Portfolio in the Theme Settings > Portfolio https://prnt.sc/pwxe3f

Best Regards

I looked and we already had the “Portfolio” Post type disabled through Theme Settings > Portfolio as you suggested.

If I rename my posttype to “Portfolio2”, everything works as normal. However, renaming it back to “Portfolio” is causes the issues. Is there something in your theme that is hard coded for the portfolio post type and is executing even though it is set to Disable?

Hello,

There is no one certain place where we can change the slug. In any case, try to change this: find the file wp-content/plugins/woodmart-core/post-types.php find this function register_portfolio() and change as shown on the screen http://prntscr.com/px8nvc

Best Regards

I figured out what the issue. it seems that even if you have disabled portfolios, you also need to rename the corresponding portfolio PHP templates as well as just by having a single-portfolio.php template WordPress will use that as outlined here: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#single-post

So my question is, is there a way to have it so that if we disable portfolios to have it fall through and use the next template in the chain? I’m not that experienced in creating themes.

hmmm…. i think i spoke too soon with this.

this actually might be a bug in the plugin i’m using. seems that i have the PTB marked as a being treated as a PAGE however, I don’t think it is respecting that. I will do some further digging. in any even, thank you for your attention and at least i can get around things.

Hello,

Ok. If you need any further help, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

I worked with the plugin developer and we have identified the issue. You can see the thread at this link:

https://themify.me/forum/topic/after-update-ptb-meta-box-is-not-displaying-images#post-660067

The issue is with the single-portfolio.php page on line 22. In the file you are explicitly putting the class names for portfolio:

<div class=”portfolio-single-content”>

Where as WordPress theming standards require the use of the post_class() function as stated:

<div <?php post_class( array(‘portfolio-single-content’) ); ?> >

This is a thread with a theme having the exactly issue and the fix:

https://themify.me/forum/topic/ptb-template-does-not-show#post-594996

For now I will use the child theme approach to overload the single-portfolio.php page to get my client’s site update and working. I hope you consider implementing this fix in a future update of the theme. Thank you for all your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This function is usually used for default WordPress post types. For our theme portfolio post type, we need only one class and that is why we simplified the HTML structure and didn’t use that function to not bloat the source code with unnecessary classes for our theme post type.

So in other words you are not going to fix it and your theme is going to remain broken and incompatible even though all it takes is for your to change a single line of code. Talk about ego.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can easily fix it in your child theme. Adding an only single line of code will add a plenty of unnecessary CSS classes on 10.000+ of websites of our customers and this fix is required for your website only. If we will add all these fixes that required for particular plugins our theme will be so heavy that you will not be able to use it all. We are trying to keep it as simple and optimized as possible. If you need these classes, just add this single line of code as instructed by plugin’s developers.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)