Home Forums Basel support forum Issues with Blog

Issues with Blog

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi,

1) I’m not able to see the Blog title on the main blog page – link in private content area.

2) How do I remove the animation when you hover over a blog post on the blog?

Thanks.

Hello,

Make sure you have not disabled the page title.https://prnt.sc/p2kkkl

Enter the page and find this option in the page setting below the content

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

.blog-post-loop:hover>.entry-header .post-img-wrapp>a {
         opacity: 1; 
         transform:none;
        -webkit-transform:none;
        -moz-transform:none;
        -o-transform:none;
    }

Best Regards

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi,

1) I’m not able to see the Blog title on the main blog page – link in private content area. – I just double checked, I did not disable it. The background colour does appear, but there are no words on it.

2) How do I remove the animation when you hover over a blog post on the blog? – Resolved, thanks.

Hello,

Please provide the site admin access to the private area I will check the blog page.

Best Regards

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Please see details below.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme.

Best Regards

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I have deactivated all plugins not related to your theme. It didn’t solve the problem.

Hello,

You have disabled the page title in the Theme Settings > Page heading. Please check now, configure the page title as per your needs.

Best Regards

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Thanks for that. I can see the page title now.

However, there aren’t any settings available to customise the page heading. You could change the colour scheme (light/dark) but you’re not able to change the font size, etc. Is that right?

I tried to add some css code to the .entry-title element to hopefully customise the heading a bit. While it did work, unfortunately, the changes have impacted other parts of the page as well.

.entry-title{
    font-size:28px !important;
    font-weight:600 !important;
    margin-top:-10px !important;
    }

Is there a way to customise only the page heading without affecting other parts of the blog, please?

Thank you.

Hello,

Saying “configure the page title as per your needs” I mean whether you want to add the breadcrumbs or not.

You can change the font by means of Advanced typography option, which allows to choose the item from a drop-down or insert your custom CSS class. Please navigate to the Theme Settings > Typography > Advanced Typography.

Here is the documentation providing more detailed instructions: https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/advanced-typography-settings-2/

Best Regards

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi,

Could you please let me know which item do I choose in the Advanced Typography, if I wish to change the font of the “The Official Blog” title? See screenshot here: https://prnt.sc/p489lc

Blog post title, blog title on carousel, blog title on WP bakery element – all of these don’t seem to work.

Hello,

You should choose page title https://prnt.sc/p4a8m2, in this case, all the page titles would be changed. If you need to change the color of the title only for the blog page add this custom CSS to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

body.blog .title-size-small .entry-title, .title-size-small h1 {
        color:green;
    }

Add any styles you need.

Best Regards

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi Elise,

>>> If you need to change the color of the title only for the blog page add this custom CSS to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

– Yes I need to change the title only for the blog page. I tried putting your code in the Global CSS column but it didn’t work unfortunately.

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I gave up and just set the Page Title in the Advanced Typography.
    If you have another code that works, please let me know. Otherwise, I’ll just leave it as it is as it’s becoming a little frustrating.

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Perhaps I should be a bit more specific. Please see private content area-

Hello,

Assign the styles to this selector in the Advanced typography https://prnt.sc/p4ou0a

Best Regards

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Thanks for trying, but it didn’t work. It’s ok, I’ll just leave it as it is, it’s not a major issue.

Hello,

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

.single-post .page-title > .container .entry-title {
    color:red;
    }

Best Regards

joywithjo
    Participant

Hi,
    Thank you, that works.

You are welcome!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Issues with Blog’ is closed to new replies.