Home Forums Basel support forum Issues with mobile version (Safari, checkout display)

Issues with mobile version (Safari, checkout display)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

konifez
    Participant

Hello,

we just published our online shop http://www.konifez.de with Basel theme (WooCoommerce). Looks great in general but we are facing a couple of problems:

1. While most browsers work in the desktop and mobile version, Safari causes problems on all devices. E. g: The navigation menu, many text block, the whole footer area are not visible.
    As well when you try to type something in the address field it stays blank and seems as if you would type in transparent letter.
    Couple of costumers who use apple complained about this.

2. In the last step of the shopping process before checkout the order overview in the cart is not displayed completely without scrolling back right and left (big problem: not obvious that you have to do so and – to my knowledge – illegal to not display the final sum in Germany).

Could you help us please (just extended the support :))

Cheers

Marvin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

konifez
    Participant

Hello, thanks for your answer. I am a little afraid to just turn off all plugins and leave it like this for some time cause of security reasons. Could you do it with the ones necessary once you’ve logged in and switch them one again?

I provided your admin access in the private content.

Thanks in advance,

Marvin

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, you need to create a staging development copy of your website. There, you will be able to do such kind of experiments without any harm to your production website.

Kind Regards

konifez
    Participant

Hello, we are not familiar with the term “staging development copy” or how to create it. Could you do it with the account details we provided?

Thank you very much and best regards

Marvin

PS: It seems that the problems mentioned not only appear on Safari but with iPhones in general.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, please, temporarily turn off all external plugins since they may cause this error.

konifez
    Participant

We turned off all of the plugins one by one and checked on different browsers. It is still the case that the whole theme does not work on iPhones. What can we do? This month’s sales dropped significantly after changing to WooCommerce with Basel. 50 % of our customers visit our shop with a mobile device, the majority with iPhones.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, disable these plugins and leave them deactivated so we can check this ourselves. Once we will be able to investigate this, we will give you a solution.

Kind Regards

konifez
    Participant

Hello, what do you mean by “these plugins”? There are a lot of plugins and I switched them off and on one by one. Which ones should be switched off?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, leave only plugins related to our theme

WPBakery Page Builder
    BASEL Post Types
    WooCommerce
    Slider Revolution
    Contact Form 7

konifez
    Participant

Hello, as requested I deactivated all of the plugins that you did not list (except Wordfence for security reasons. Please switch it off while you try to fix the problem).

I hope you find a solution so we can start selling with Basel as before.

Thanks you!

Marvin

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It seems that the problem with your custom font. We have changed the text font to “Arial” in Theme Settings -> Typography and now all issues are solved. Check how it works for you now.

Kind Regards

konifez
    Participant

Thansk for your answer! We switched off all plugings one by one. It seems to start working again normally after deactivating “Code Snippets”. Do you know this one?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

No, we never used this plugin before and don’t know what is wrong with that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)