Home Forums Basel support forum Moved: Reply To: Search bar is not working on mobile.

Moved: Reply To: Search bar is not working on mobile.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

dragoshs
    Participant

Hi,

Search bar is not working on mobile.
    Is already ON, so i don’t understand.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the issue, if the problem remains, leave the plugins not activated and provide the site admin access to the private area

Best Regards

dragoshs
    Participant

Hi,

The problem remains and after updating to the last version of Basel the tabs from Product edit pages(woocommerce) are not working anymore, I can’t even add an image to a product because of everything freezes.

Hello,

I am checking the search bar on mobile and it works https://prnt.sc/q4d5ww

Please clarify the problem. What do you mean saying “It does not work”

Best Regards

dragoshs
    Participant

1. The search icon is not showing on mobile (there are 2 Basel websites – vitanat.ro and emishop.ro)

2. After updating to the last version of Basel the tabs from Product edit pages(woocommerce) are not working anymore, I can’t even add an image to a product because everything freezes. Here i’m talking about the emishop.ro website

I activated a free theme instead of Basel and everything is working normal.

Attachments:

Hello,

I have checked both sites the search works correctly on both sites. Search Icon is not visible on desktop as well though it should. Deactivate the plugins not related to the theme and check the issue again. You have 39 plugins some of them may cause the problem.

Best Regards

dragoshs
    Participant

Hi,

1. (Vitanat.ro) This website has 19 plugins installed, most of them are working together with Basel. Everything is working fine, only the search icon is not showing on mobile.

2. On Emishop.ro i have deactivated all plugins, except woocommerce and the problem is still there. Product edit pages(woocommerce) are not working anymore, I can’t even add an image to a product because everything freezes.
    Also, I switched to Twenty Seventeen theme, and Product edit pages are working normally!!!
    100% there is a problem in your theme on the last update 5.0.0 so please check on my website for this issue.

Hello,

Have a look at this product product/set-geluri-cover-girl/ everything works properly and nothing is frozen. https://gyazo.com/c2e16eca965c7f81dd6f5041d035b311 The product description was empty I have added the testing text and saved without problems.

Here is the list of plugins I left: https://prnt.sc/q5sgwh I also switched to the parent theme. Now I have activated the plugins back. Please do the same: deactivate all excepting the list provided, switch to the parent theme and try to edit product and other actions.

As for the icons, the icons are uploaded via HTTPS and your sit is via HTTP you need to configure the site URL properly.

I do not have access to the second site to check.

As for the search icon, the header layout you have set now does not provide the search icon on the mobile view. The mobile view does not have an icon at all the search is built in the mobile menu.

Best Regards

dragoshs
    Participant

Hi,

Header with categories menu is the only header design witch contains the categories menu and the only one which doesn’t have search icon on mobile?!

Is there a way to add a search icon or to add a sticky full-width search bar after the header on mobile?

Attachments:

dragoshs
    Participant

Have a look at this product product/set-geluri-cover-girl/ everything works properly and nothing is frozen. https://gyazo.com/c2e16eca965c7f81dd6f5041d035b311 The product description was empty I have added the testing text and saved without problems.

The issue is on backend, not frontend.
    On Product Edit pages as I mentioned on #160726

Also, you activated the Basel Theme, and now the Child theme is not working anymore. If I try to activate, I get a fatal error on my website?!

Hello,

Header with categories menu is the only header design witch contains the categories menu and the only one which doesn’t have search icon on mobile?!

There is no search icon on the mobile view regardless of the header design. The search is integrated into the mobile view. The sticky header has the search icon on the “With categories menu” design.

The issue is on backend, not frontend.
    On Product Edit pages as I mentioned on #160726

Please provide product URL and step by step description of the problem so that I could reproduce.

Also, you activated the Basel Theme, and now the Child theme is not working anymore. If I try to activate, I get a fatal error on my website?!

Do you mean you cannot activate the child theme while the parent theme is active?

Best Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)