Home Forums WoodMart support forum Old Mega Menu entry causing WP fatal error – Help!

Old Mega Menu entry causing WP fatal error – Help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

NecessarilyYours
    Participant

Hi,

The Woodmart theme was recently installed and it appears to have an old Mega Menu active in the website that is not accessible by any menu editors. I am not sure what happened as this was supposed to be a complete overwrite. I attempted to Activate the plugin today and it caused a fatal error.

I am afraid, too, that I have done a lot of work in the theme template, not realizing that I should have been working on a child until well into this project.

With the clock ticking and less 24 hours left to launch my store – I am at a loss. Any help and/or advice will be greatly appreciated. Following is information about the error:

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
    WordPress version 5.7.2
    Current theme: Woodmart (version 6.0.4)
    Current plugin: (version )
    PHP version 7.4.20
    Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 19 of the file /srv/htdocs/wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/integrations/elementor/elements/class-mega-menu.php. Error message: Cannot declare class Mega_Menu, because the name is already in use

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

What do you mean saying “old Mega Menu active in the website that is not accessible by any menu editors”

The mega menu are created by HTML blocks (based on either Elementor or WP bakery page builder): https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/create-menu-2/ and https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/html-blocks-2/

Please, provide your site admin access to the private area.

Please confirm the permit for us to deactivate the plugins not related to the theme and switch to the parent theme for the while of checking what may take up to 15 minutes. Please make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

NecessarilyYours
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt response and empathetic perspective. Your advice about the header helped. It’s been a stressful situation over the last few weeks and I could really use some advice as I believe that I may have unknowingly “FUBARed” my site. I paid someone a couple of months ago to rewrite the original site and, given 3 choices for models, I chose Woodmart without having a clue about anything other than liking the features and look. What I received was an outdated template that hadn’t been adapted to work for my eCommerce business. In fact, much of it appeared to have been untouched since 2017. I reached out shortly after transfer to learn that he had just left for a month long Ramadan celebration and I had insufficient funding left to pay someone else to fix it.

The above long, sad, story sums up to this: I had no time to learn what I was doing before doing it and did what I could, looking up self-help along the way. I learned a few days ago that I should have been working in a Child Theme, something that I had no idea existed. I’ve just installed the latest version, so you can guess what happened. I believe that I have most of it functioning again now, however, I seem to be unable to change the Text Font from Transparent to something visible, regardless of settings.

I am still extremely pressed for time because I launched on the 20th, and I still cannot afford to pay to have it reworked. So, finally, the questions:

1.) I have a secondary domain on the same server that is not currently in-use. Am I able to drop a fresh install onto it, customize it (the right way), then copy it and the Child onto the production domain?

2.)As powerful and well done as this forum is, it works best for one-off and emergency circumstances. I will read documentation, likely in it’s entirety, once pressures have lessoned a bit. In the meantime, what options exist that support gaining a broad overview and understanding of the many amazing features of Woodmart for someone who may extremely pressed for time?

Hello,

You can activate the license twice for one and the same site: once for the live domain and once for testing, so you can install the theme on your sub-domain without any problems.

As for the next question, usually, we do our best to help quickly within a few hours. Send you the clear question, include the page URL and screen to get the help faster. Avoid asking a question like “when you help me” as in this case the topic goes to the top and what takes longer to get the answer. Take the time and look through the documentation you will find 90% answers to your questions.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

NecessarilyYours
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I apologize for the rant in my previous. I will open a new thread for the font issue.

Be well.

Hello,

Yes, sure, when one thread relates one issue, it is easier to work.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)