Home Forums WoodMart support forum Performance

Performance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

web-0993
    Participant

Hi:

I really love woodmart. Has many useful options for a succesful ecommerce.

Nevertheles, i’m facing some performance issues (see screenshot) . Here it is everything i did to optimize website:

– I’ve followed your instructions here: https://xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021/
    – wprocket + autoptimize correctly configured (i have this working alongside each other in many other websites)
    – redis (installed and working on server)
    – Gzip Is Enabled
    – right size images and webp
    – Minimum use of 3rd party plugins
    – I have no CDN as the server is located in Portugal and all buyers are also in Portugal.

I’m not sure if there’s any performance settings from woodmart conflicting with my wprocket settings.

Can you take a look please?
    Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please temporarily disable all 3rd party plugins which are not related to our theme? Keep the WP Rocket plugin so we can check if everything is optimized correctly.

Kind Regards

web-0993
    Participant

Hi:

Sure, thanks.
    I’ve created a staging environment, so you can do whatever you choose to do, as long as we can reproduce it on production website.

All plugins were disabled except those ones needed, but take this into consideration:
    I always use wp rocket + autoptimize together in all my websites (with options well configured) and works pretty well. In this staging i disabled autoptimize and activated corresponding options in wp rocket. Nevertheless production website is still faster (even with all plugins activated) than staging.

You can compare loading times:
    staging.ksbewomanstore.com
    ksbewomanstore.com

Waiting for your feedback.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

As we can see, your staging website is much faster now. Here are screenshots from Pagespeed results
    https://gyazo.com/6c0708a051897deedb2958b06ffe58b4
    https://gyazo.com/a0a652490b7bbd98b50b5b6ab0957303

Note that when the page is not cached (loaded for the first time) it has a very slow response time from the server. So you need to check what is wrong with the server because it loads slowly on the backend too so it is not something caused by the theme.

Kind Regards

web-0993
    Participant

Hi:

Thanks. It is faster now but not faster than production site and images take way longer to load what makes it actually worst.
    May i ask you what changes did you actually made and if that image issue can be overcomed?

Thanks again!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We just enabled delayed JS option in WP Rocket and in Theme Settings -> Performance -> Plugins.

As for the images issue, it seems to be a problem with the server because uncached pages are also very slow to load. They have to be loaded in 0.5-1.5 seconds at most.

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)