Home Forums WoodMart support forum permanent changes / overwrite in a woodmart .js file, possible?

permanent changes / overwrite in a woodmart .js file, possible?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

iwanwilaga
    Participant

Hello,

I needed to implement FB pixel tracking to work with Woodmart & ajax add-to-cart button. For this i needed to modify ../wp-content/themes/woodmart/js/scripts/wc/addToCartAllTypes.js file.

My question: is it possible to somehow keep this change safe from being overwritten by Woodmart theme updates? I do hope so.
    Thank you,
    Wiktor

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

This file can’t be overridden in the child theme. But as a workaround, you can disable it completely via Theme Settings -> Performance JS and copy its code to the new JS file that will be loaded in the child theme. Here is an article that should help you to load a new JS file on your website https://kinsta.com/blog/wp-enqueue-scripts/

Kind Regards

iwanwilaga
    Participant

Hi, Artem,

Thank you for your solution. I consider doing it. Before, let me ask our opinion about this solution:

function override_woodmart_theme_scripts() {
        global $wp_scripts; 
        $wp_scripts->registered['add-to-cart-all-types']->src = get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/js/scripts/wc/addToCartAllTypes.js';
    }
    add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'override_woodmart_theme_scripts');

(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11852570/override-woocommerce-frontend-javascript)

This seems also a very straightforward ‘swap’ solution. Do you know any drawbacks about this one?

Thank you, have a great day!
    Wiktor

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We haven’t tested this solution but yes, it looks correct and should work perfectly. Let us know how it works after your tests.

Kind Regards

iwanwilaga
    Participant

It seems workin’, but with a slight modification:

I found that the script handler must be wd-add-to-cart-all-types instead of add-to-cart-all-types. Somewhere you add the wd- prefix at script registration apparently.

so this works for me by now:

function override_woodmart_theme_scripts() {
        global $wp_scripts; 
        $wp_scripts->registered['wd-add-to-cart-all-types']->src = get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/js/scripts/wc/addToCartAllTypes.js';
    }
    add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'override_woodmart_theme_scripts', 21); // under '21' priority it threw fatal error to me.

Best wishes,
    Wiktor

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s correct. We are glad that you sorted it out. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘permanent changes / overwrite in a woodmart .js file, possible?’ is closed to new replies.