Home Forums Basel support forum pictures don't show up in emails sent out with RSS feed

pictures don't show up in emails sent out with RSS feed

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

beaquilter
    Participant

Before I switched themes, I had mailchimp send out an RSS feed email to my subscribers when there was a new blog post update, now I noticed that it still does it but there’s no picture (even though I have several pictures in the post and a featured image) mailchimp I should check who’s in charge of my RSS feed! (but it’s just me working on my site)
    I’m sure it’s something I’m just missing.
    let me know
    thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

I am afraid our theme does not influence or cause the reason.

Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to check if the problem is in the theme. Most likely you need to check the settings of the plugin sending the mails.

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

Ok thanks for the quick reply, I did notice that I never “registered” the theme, so I did that now and had to change a few things which auto populated.
    What plug in are you talking about? I have a plug in for mailchimp but it looks to me like it is an add-on for the carts, an extra step if a customer wants to join the mailing list.
    The auto RSS email I have set up is thru mailchimp and it’s a simple form, but I can’t change RSS or any codes- just the look of it, and again I haven’t touched that in a long time. The missing picture seems to be on the wordpress or theme side, I just don’t know if I need to checkmark a box somewhere or how to change it. I’ll try to chat with mailchimp again.
    (I backed up the store right when I installed Basel)
    on another note, how can I get my Beaquilter logo to fill up the whole screen?

Hello,

The theme has a set of plugins to ensure additional functionality, however, the theme does not influence the functionality of the plugin.

Have you checked the issue on the Storefront theme? Please check how it works on the Storefront or other themes.

You need to search the reason in the plugin option. Maybe the plugin does not support that. In this case, you will need to search the MailChimp plugin providing all the options you need.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.https://trekano.com/

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

I chatted with mailchimp for a long time yesterday and have the transcript, but they are saying it’s because there’s no image in the <description> and it might be something related to the template? I have no clue.
    I can copy and paste the transcript or email it to someone?

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. If it works on the Storefront, please provide the step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem.

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

I think it’s backed up. I don’t even know how to do that unless it prompts me.
    See below the convo between me and mailchimp.

Hello,

We are sorry for the delay. Please test how it works on WoodMart make the screen and how it works on the Storefront theme with the screen it would help us to detect the problem.

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

I don’t understand your reply.

Hello,

The issue relates to the plugin, but not to the theme. We ask you to make the full backup and test how it works on the free Storefront theme, make the screen, and then do the same on the Basel theme. (It was my mistake mentioning WoodMart, I am sorry).
    If you have any questions please feel free to contact us

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

I have talked with mailchimp several times now and they don’t think it’s on their end, so I’m at a loss as what to do.

Hello,

Have you tested the issue on the other theme? You need to go to the Appearance > Themes, activate any time, check how it works, and then switch back to the Basel.

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

if I try another theme, doesn’t that undo everything I’ve done?

beaquilter
    Participant

I don’t have another theme, well I do have an old theme (not by you guys) and the picture worked then- I believe, lately I’m doubting myself, but I’m 99% sure the pictures showed up in the emails, please see thread above and the talk back and forth between me and mailchimp as well.

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site (switching to another theme does not usually damage the site, however, it would be better to make the backup) then install any free theme and check the issue to detect if our theme causes the problem.

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

how do I backup? is there a link to an article maybe?

Hello,

You can make the backup in your host. Most hosts provide this option.

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

I do nothing with my host, other than pay my domain and have an email with them, or do you mean wordpress? I really wish I could have someone take over and do it for me, I’m clueless and quite frustrated, losing money with pictures not working, video links not working, hyperlinks being the wrong color.

Hello,

Please describe the actions step by step on how we can reproduce the problem, and provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. This testing may take up to 15 minutes. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

I still have not fixed this and chatted with mailchimp again and think I have a simple answer, but not simple to me this is what they said.
    I am not seeing the <media:content> tag in your blog. This is the way Mailchimp can pull the images through in the RSS campaign.
    where do I find media:content and it should change that image with every blog post!?

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and check if you can find this in any default WordPress theme Twenty Seventeen or other. Basel blog and blog page is based on the default WordPress functionality.

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

Ok, I just replied to my other problem too, that now my site is fully backed up, so please see if you can fix the issue- I think the login credentials are on the other thread, if not here.

Hello,

Please send us the credentials either on wdr@ukr.net or insert the credentials into the Private content block that is below the message area, this block is confidential and visible for XTemos team only.
    We will switch to the Storefront theme and check the issue. Please provide the steps to reproduce or see the error.

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

Ok see below, will you look at the other issues as well?

Hello,

Please switch to any default theme and make the testing subscription and show with the screen how it works on a default theme.

Best Regards

beaquilter
    Participant

what default theme? by you? It worked before when I didn’t have your theme at all and I’ve shown screenshots of that before. I’m really frustrated, these issues have been going on for months and it takes days before getting replies on posts, I’m so close to switching to a different theme by someone else, but I don’t want to waste my $ AGAIN!!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. But this functionality is not something that might depend on the theme. If you don’t think so, please, just switch to the default WordPress theme like Twenty Twenty or Storefront and check how it works. If it works well with this theme, please, send us a screenshot so we can see the difference.
    Otherwise, we can return your money back and you can request a refund here https://themeforest.net/refund_requests/new

Kind Regards

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)