Home Forums WoodMart support forum Poor performance

Poor performance

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

onlinestore
    Participant

Hello, we have poor performance results, especially on mobile. If we try the test with GT Metrix the scan can’t even be completed because “the page took too long to load”. We already checked with our hosting (Siteground) that provides a special plugin for wordpress to optimize performance (cache, minimize css and html, image size, etc) and they say that everything is correctly configured and that server response is how it should be.

I also removed a few carousel blocks in home page to see if there was any change, but no or little effect.

Can you please help us understand what’s wrong?

I will post access info below.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We just checked your home page loading time and it takes 5+ seconds which is very slow. Here is a screenshot https://gyazo.com/786e799bbf9f03213cdba774599b780e
    Please, check the loading time with the default WordPress theme to see if this issue is caused by WoodMart or not. Let me know about the result.

Kind Regards

onlinestore
    Participant

I just changed to storefront and it seems to me that the results are the same… can you check if you have same results?

onlinestore
    Participant

No, I stand corrected. I just tried again and I get a 2.2 seconds of loading time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it seems to be faster now. Could you please disable all third-party plugins temporarily and send us your FTP access so we can check what is wrong?

onlinestore
    Participant

Below FTP access. I will disable everything except core woocommerce/woodmart plugins in the next 5 minutes.

onlinestore
    Participant

I will leave Siteground Optimizer plugin enabled because it improves performance by a lot.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Now it takes ~2s to load the home page the same as with the default theme https://gyazo.com/54722aca790dccbc9f25046dd5ef2fab

Kind Regards

onlinestore
    Participant

Tanks. So what do you suggest? Enabling plugins one by one and see which causes slow down? Also, I tried with GT Metrix but I always have timeout issue… even with all plugins disabled. Do you know why?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, try to enable them one by one and identify which plugins increase the loading time.

As for the Gtmetrix timeout issue, please, test it with the default theme also.

onlinestore
    Participant

Thanks, I’m doing some tests and let you know, so maybe it can be helpful for other users too. In the meantime I find the cause about GT metrix issue (no cpu idle issue) and it was about carousels in home page. Since carousels always “load” something in the page, the test goes in timeout. Some other tools like Google Page Speed have a tool to avoid this issue, but changing carousels to grid in my home page made GT metrix complete the scan.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, thank you for sharing the information here. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)