Home Forums WoodMart support forum Problem Making Theme Options Changes After Import

Problem Making Theme Options Changes After Import

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ignitionstudio
    Participant

I have a client with woodmart theme in place and they have a new site that is going to go live with a similar look and feel. I exported and then imported the settings from existing site to begin building new url site and now if I make any changes to the theme options the styling gets all messed up and I cannot go back without having to revert my hosting. I would appreciate if you could please take a look and see why any settings to the shop or product pages or even toggling the setting for catalog mode seems to “break” the styling of the site.

When toggling any changes or settings, such as changing archive product or single product from settings already in place will result in broken styling for global containers and fonts and footer. You will notice the container width is all off and social icons not loading and the footer has no background color

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

As I understand you tried to transfer the site and something went wrong. I do hope you have the backup of the initial site. Please restore it and try to transfer with the All in one WP migration plugin, it is free if your site is not big.

WoodMart theme does not have any transferring options ether does any WordPress theme.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

ignitionstudio
    Participant

Actually, no I did not migrate the site in its entirety. I installed Woodmart from scratch with parent and child theme and there was no existing content. All I did import was the theme options from the Woodmart Import/Export functions so that the menu and shop settings were similar to other site that already existed. I have since populated the site with entirely different content, however we considered changing the layout of the product pages since new site has less information and if I select a different configuration in the theme options the entire site loses its format.

Hello,

You can either migrate the site completely or recreate it from scratch. As you can see you have got the site you did not expect and it requires a great deal of configuration. I would recommend transfer with the plugin, it would change all the URLs correctly and you will move the site in a couple of clicks: download, upload.

Best Regards

ignitionstudio
    Participant

I tried the all-in-one transfer plugin and it did not work. I did a reset on the entire site back to original WordPress and did a new migration. Every time I try to change the settings for the theme options under Single Products and go to Images and set any changes it breaks the styling of the entire theme. I really need help figuring this out! The theme has worked marvelous for other clients but now I am completely unable to reconfigure a different setup on this new site whether I do a migration or a fresh install.

ignitionstudio
    Participant

Maybe there is a cache issue but just before I decided to do another restore, I reloaded the site one more time and things appear to be working at the moment. This has been frustrating and I do not wish to waste anyone’s time that is for sure. So I do not understand what happened or why it appears to work now because reloads and cache clearing the previous two times did not help.

Hello,

Please check your site from time to time and contact if you have any question or need help.
    We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Problem Making Theme Options Changes After Import’ is closed to new replies.