Home Forums WoodMart support forum Problems when I switch to german w/ WPML

Problems when I switch to german w/ WPML

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nicolas74
    Participant

Hi,

Not sure if my message went through last night so I’ll repost it.
    I am running into a couple of issues when I switch to the German version of my website using WPML language switcher:
    1. Off-canvas cart and cart page don’t present the “right” layout
    2. The shop link in Yoast breadcrumbs on product page doesn’t point to the German shop page but to the French (original) version.
    Please see the links below for reference pictures.

Thank you for your support.
    Nicolas

Hi,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme, delete and create the translation again and check the issue. If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

When you create a translation the layout should be copied completely, actually the cloned page is created and you replace the content.

Please check this manual:
    https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-use-wpml-with-woodmart/
    If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards.

nicolas74
    Participant

Hi,

Turned out I had two cart pages created. So I deleted one and rewrote then republished the other one and that did the trick. Off-canvas cart and cart page both have the correct layout now.
    That didn’t resolve the breadcrumbs issue though.
    Anything I can do?

Cheers

Hi,

Can you please share the WP admin login details of your site so I will check and solve the issue.

Best Regards.

nicolas74
    Participant

Hi,

Sure, please use the link in the private content box below.
    Best,
    Nicolas

Hello,

Your issue has been solved. Please check the site after removing the browser cache and site cache.

Best Regards.

nicolas74
    Participant

Hello,

I have cleared cache on both my browser and the site but the issue doesn’t seem to be solved. The link still points to the French version of the shop (mexi.market/boutique/ instead of mexi.market/de/shop): https://imgsh.net/a/hJwOxLd.png
    Furthermore, the name of the link is now “Geschäft” instead of “Shop”.

Best,
    Nicolas

Hello,

Please delete the german language page and translate it again, I am sure your issue will be solved.

Otherwise, contact WPML support about this issue, they will check and guide you accordingly, because this issue is between WPML and Woocommerce directly.

Best Regards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)