Home Forums Basel support forum Product video URL on product page not working very nice with self-hosted videos

Product video URL on product page not working very nice with self-hosted videos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Estefania
    Participant

Hi again, guys!
    I would like to ask you something about Product video URL field on product page.
    I know you indicate: Vimeo or YouTube video url. For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zPYW6Ipgok
    I would like to show a self-hosted video, but it is not working very fine.
    At the beginning, a black screen with a little white rectangle is shown, during several seconds. It is very ugly for clients, that they do not understand what to do…. There is no indication to play…

Is it possible to fix this item?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Estefanía.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately, this popup works only with external videos iframes. It doesn’t have a built-in video player and self-hosted videos can’t be used. You just need to upload it to YouTube and Vimeo and then use on your website.

Regards

Estefania
    Participant

Thanks a lot, Artem!
    I understand…. 🙂
    Maybe you can consider to improve this issue in next theme updates, because sometime we would like to show a video explaining something about product but it is no so “important” video for having on YouTube or Vimeo. (for example, how to clean a shirt)

Thanks a lot!
    Estefanía.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we will consider adding some kind of video player in our theme in future.

Regards

Estefania
    Participant

Great!
    Thanks a lot!
    Estefanía.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Product video URL on product page not working very nice with self-hosted videos’ is closed to new replies.