Home Forums Basel support forum Products/categories – external link

Products/categories – external link

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

thegoodrider
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to link to my other website from my categories – I only found a way of creating categories on the same url – how do I point it to open a different url on the same page please? I’ve got two sites that are identical only that sell different products and I thus want categories to be interchangeable between urls. Am I being clear enough in my question..?

Thanks.

Hello,

The theme does not have any option and do not influence the URL. You may need a redirection plugin in this case. We have not tested any that is why we can hardly recommend.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

thegoodrider
    Participant

Hello,

I created a redirect with RankMath but it only works when you enter the page through the url and not when navigating on the site… I don’t believe that your theme has no way of setting a different URL for a menu within the site? I was using a free theme prior to yours and it had that functionality… How am I going to resolve this shortcoming?

Hello,

Please contact the plugin support. We do not have instructions on how to configure that.

Best Regards

thegoodrider
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been in contact with plugin support and this is one of their last replies:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Rank Math and bringing your concern to our attention. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

I’ve checked your site, and it seems that the issue is still happening even when Rank Math Free and PRO are deactivated.

I would recommend getting in touch with your theme provider since it would be the menu function that is not working. You can ask them for a workaround to refresh/reload the page when clicking the menu.

I hope that helps.

Thank you, and please don’t hesitate to contact us anytime if you need further assistance with anything else.

It works on thegoodrider.Uk now but not on Eucs.Uk. It worked on Eucs.Uk yesterday. I’ve not changed anything and I don’t know why it works / doesn’t work like that. It seems intermittent and the cause is unknown. Please advise.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, describe to us your problems in a bit more details. Attach some screenshots and provide us with a list of steps on how to reproduce them on your website.
    We don’t quite understand your request, sorry.

Thank you in advance.

thegoodrider
    Participant

Hi,

If you go to https://www.eucs.uk/shop/ and click on electric scooters, you will see that the redirect won’t work until you manually refresh the URL bar. If you go to https://www.thegoodrider.uk/shop/ and click on electric unicycles you will find the redirect working correctly.

Thanks.

thegoodrider
    Participant

I would ideally like to manually enter the urls without the need for redirects. I don’t see why it’s a problem to have this basic functionality added?

Ta.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

You need to disable the “AJAX shop” option in Theme Settings -> Shop.

Kind Regards

thegoodrider
    Participant

Done. The results are inconsistent for me… Could you test on your part? It seems to work intermittently. I cleared cache on browsers and at the server level and I’m getting mixed results…

Additionally, do you know where do I go to set font/size for the menus of the two URLs? Some of the categories in thegoodrider.uk seem to be enlarged… Must be a setting somewhere?

Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see, the redirect works as you described now https://gyazo.com/9d62dae4ea40fc50f52cfc0e2b274f82

As for the font size issue, please, create a separate topic and it will be handled by our staff soon.

thegoodrider
    Participant

Try switching between the two. It’s inconsistent. I tried it on four devices and with various browsers and it only works sometimes for me.

thegoodrider
    Participant

It works consistently on thegoodrider.uk and is inconsistent on eucs.uk.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Here is a video of how it works on eucs.uk https://monosnap.com/file/NSPDqMXgLlcQbWDY9WCEVuaKbWJVx8

thegoodrider
    Participant

Have you tied switching between electric unicycles and electric scooters a couple of times?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we see the problem now but the AJAX shop is turned on. Please, turn it off completely in Theme Settings.

thegoodrider
    Participant

Enable AJAX functionality for filters widgets on shop. – this one? It’s turned off…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide us your admin access so we can check why it still works.

thegoodrider
    Participant

There is one called Scroll to top after AJAX – that’s on…

thegoodrider
    Participant

Access.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, disable all caching plugins and check again.

thegoodrider
    Participant

I confirm that it works now.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Products/categories – external link’ is closed to new replies.