Home Forums WoodMart support forum Produkt searh not using product tags

Produkt searh not using product tags

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

metuza
    Participant

Hello,

I just found that product search does not work with product tags. Is this an issue or normal behavior?

Just that my other themes works with product tags.

Brgds
    Rune

newsprince
    Participant

@metuza

Use my guide from the link bellow to integrate relevanssi plugin to woodmart’s ajax search. Then you can index everything and search every aspect of a product.

https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/relevansi-plugin-ajax-search-for-everyone/

metuza
    Participant

Thank you @newsprince i read your post but i have to many projects so impossible to keep track with all if i should do changes in core files.

Brgds
    Rune

Hello,

By default, Woocommerce search finds product only by a keyword. Our theme has expanded the Woocommerce functionality and you can enable finding by an SKU as well. At the same time, it is not possible to find the products by a tag.

You can show your tag cloud in the sidebar or footer and it would even easier for the customers to filter the product.

Best Regards

metuza
    Participant

Hello,

Yes SKU in search is an ok option but dependant of the type/product of shop. Following my analytic studies over 4 years i have only 3-4 searches by SKU.

From closely studying analytics now in more than 4 years i have found that very many customers use the search when they come into site and if nothing found in their first search they just leave the site.

And because many products in outdoor sports has many, many names i found customers searching the same product using upto 7-8 different keywords. So then i started adding the different keywords as product tags and my conversation increased with more than 40%.

These additional keywords i did hide on site using a simple code as i did not want 10-12 tags showing up in single products.

I am also using tag clouds and lots of filters in sidebar, top of page and footer and many people use the tag cloud, BUT the majority of people use the search and leave the site if nothing found. A problem with tag clouds is also that it will not and you might not have space/room enough to show them all i filters etc.

Now after only 1-2 months using Woodmart i can already see the conversion falling again. So i am actually working on a plugin which can be used to add hidden keywords into the product content / excerpt.

Actually it is wierd that WooCommerce does not have a better search functionality but i guess that most of their developers does not run a webshop and know in that way what is needed.

Brgds
    Rune

Hello,

Yes, the search is the Woocommerce functionality and we try to improve and expand Woocommerce. Try to search for a plugin which searches by the keyword.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)