Home Forums WoodMart support forum Rename the theme folder

Rename the theme folder

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

priklop
    Participant

Hi.

What everything I need to change if I want to rename the theme folder? I would like to rename as my shop name.

Thanks for answer!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for contacting our support center.

You can simply rename the theme folder and then reactivate a new theme via Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

priklop
    Participant

Just this? Usually you need make also some changes in style.css (domain text and name) and maybe also in some other files…

What about if I would like to have also child theme? Do I need to rename folder just in “myname-child”?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

No extra steps required, just rename the folder. The same for the child theme.

priklop
    Participant

I renamed the child theme also, but in theme settings I got error:

Broken Themes
    The following themes are installed but incomplete.

Name Description
    Woodmart Child The parent theme is missing. Please install the “woodmart” parent theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You may need to edit the child theme’s style.css file and change the parent theme name there. It should fix this issue.

priklop
    Participant

OK, but what kind of name should be? I haven’t change anything… only as you wrote I have rename the theme folder.

So in style.css the parent theme name is Woodmart and in child folder is Woodmart Child.
    In attachment is print screen of both style.css.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to change the template folder name to your new parent theme folder name https://gyazo.com/e234ba7830d4fe421ca4e77686714772

priklop
    Participant

I have allready try this and if I change this the error is gone. But after that when if I activate child theme the page not work :/

HTTP ERROR 500

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

500 Internal Error says about some issue on the server and can be caused by different things. Anyway, to understand its nature you need to see your server error logs or enable PHP error display on the website and wp debug mode in the wp-config.php file. If you can’t do this, you need to contact your hosting provider for help in this question.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)