Home Forums WoodMart support forum Theme Conflict with WooCommerce

Theme Conflict with WooCommerce

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Puddle123
    Participant

When I try to add a new page or edit a page, it always loads the same product page, meaning I can’t edit or add new pages. I’ve made a screen recording – please see link shared securely.

I have found the issue seemed to stem from enabling the WooCommerce Plugin – when enabled the new page link opens in a product page. I spoke to WooCommerce support about it and they asked that I test for conflicts. On switching the theme to a default theme, the problem was resolved, I could add and edit pages again. So it seems there is a conflict issue between the WoodMart Theme and WooCommerce Plugin. Please can you help?

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Puddle123.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us with your admin access. We will log in and check what is wrong there. You can leave only the following plugins that are required for our theme:
    WoodMart core
    WooCommerce
    Elementor/WPBakery page builder

Thank you in advance

Puddle123
    Participant

Sure, I’ve done that. Please see details below. It’s on our staging site.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Puddle123.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We just tested your website but didn’t see any problems with the page editing mechanism. Here is a screenshot https://gyazo.com/b99dc63b3ad76a9a0374eb8c4b187415

Kind Regards

Puddle123
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for testing. I’ve doubled checked, the issue happens when you try to add a new page. Or also when editing Blog — Posts Page. Please review those.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, we see the problem now. Please, send us your FTP access so we can perform further investigation.

Kind Regards

Puddle123
    Participant

Please find the information sent securely. Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to do this

remove_filter( 'woocommerce_short_description', 'do_shortcode', 11 );

Kind Regards

Puddle123
    Participant

Hi,

Initial testing looks promising, appears to have fixed it, thank you. Does adding that code stop the short descriptions from showing or any other impacts we should know about?

Cheers

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It removes shortcodes from the short description. The problem seems to be caused by some shortcode added to one of the product descriptions.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)