Home Forums Basel support forum Translation of product category pages

Translation of product category pages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Akkonjonas
    Participant

Hello! I used the TranslatePress plugin and translated much of my site from English to Spanish, but I can’t translate my product categories.
    I read the documentation but they only show payment proposals for translations.
    Attached images. Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

I am afraid you will need to delete the existing categories and recreate and assign them in the language you need. Usually, Loco and equal plugins translate the strings integrated into the code, however, they do not translate the content. Product categories are content.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Akkonjonas
    Participant

Hola! Hubo un mal entendido. El problema que tengo es que en la pagina de tienda el idioma es espaƱol pero al momento de seleccionar una categoria me lo convierte en ingles. Adjunto capturas de pantallas asi se puede visualizar mejor. Agradezco la ayuda. Saludos

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You can translate/rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please check the video tutorial to see how to save the translation file correctly. You can remove the plugin and translations would remain. Also, translations would remain after each theme update.

In order to translate the WooCommerce strings, you need to create a separate translation in Loco > Plugins > WooCommerce in the same way as shown in the video.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)