Home Forums WoodMart support forum Trying to add more than one ‘Filter By” attribute

Trying to add more than one ‘Filter By” attribute

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

repairmypcza
    Participant

Hi there. I’m trying to add more than one ‘filter by’ on my categories pages, but I can’t find a way to do so.
    Adding more than on attribute to a product doesn’t work. Please see the attached screenshot below.

Can anyone help me?

repairmypcza
    Participant

Here’s the screenshot:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to go to WooCommerce -> Status -> Tools and regenerate product lookup tables. It should fix the problem.

Kind Regards

repairmypcza
    Participant

It did not work. Could you please explain to me how I can have more than one ‘Filter by’ option, please?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can add more filters to the sidebar via Appearance -> Widgets.

As for the problem, it is a WooCommerce bug. You can read more information about this in the WooCommerce Github issue here https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/issues/32065

repairmypcza
    Participant

Okay, thank you. I just fixed it. However, I’d like these filters to be applied only on the categories pages and not within the shop page. I do not see a category page widget area on the widgets page. How can I create it?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can find an option to display some certain filter widget on a specific category in Appearance -> Widgets -> click on our WoodMart layered navigation widget.

repairmypcza
    Participant

I have checked there. I see no option to add the widget WoodMart layered navigation widget on a categorypage. It only applies it to the entire shop which I do not want.

Let me give an example. Our website sells computer hardware. So the shop will be full of different hardware like SSDs, GPUs, power supplies, etc. And when someone clicks on a category, it should display all filters only associated with the category. For example, GPUs will have filters like Memory Size, and GPU Series. Those filters shouldn’t be applied on the shop page instead, it should be on the GPU category page.
    I am using your widget WoodMart layered navigation widget., but I need to put that widget on the appropriate area and I can’t find the area to place it so it only applies on the category page.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

There is only one sidebar for all shop pages and categories. But you can restrict certain widgets to be displayed on particular category pages only. Here is a screenshot with this option https://prnt.sc/Z4NcNJEm-PcF

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)