Home Forums WoodMart support forum uncategorized products are showing in the filters after the update to 6.0.2

uncategorized products are showing in the filters after the update to 6.0.2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

steph_invent
    Participant

Hello,

After updating to the last version, the uncategorized “category” is showing on the shop page between the filters, I have zero product uncategorized but it is still keep showing in the filters as you can see in the screenshot

Thank you
    Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

This category is shown by default in WooCommerce and it is recommended to just rename it to some other category and use it. If you want to hide it completely, try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to do this

add_filter( 'woodmart_wc_default_product_cat', '__return_true' );

Kind Regards

steph_invent
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

What is weird is that this was not showing in the previous version of your theme. I have one environment that runs the old version and the category was not showing. I understand that this has been changed in the new version and now it shows everything? If yes, I will change the name of this category then or will hide it as you told me to do.

Thank you
    Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, we hid it in our previous version. But it is actually the wrong way and a lot of customers complained about this. That is why we have changed the way it works in the latest update. So now it actually works as designed by WooCommerce.

Kind Regards

steph_invent
    Participant

Hello

In fact I have found an option in your theme settings to hide the empty categories (cf. screenshot)! You did not tell me about it 🙂

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We thought that you want to hide this particular one no matter if it empty or not 🙂 Anyway, we are glad that you sorted it out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)