Home Forums WoodMart support forum Upcoming products

Upcoming products

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

eiler
    Participant

I would like to show upcoming products on my webshop using the Woodmart theme. Is there a way to do this short of adding a separate product category?

Also, if I use a separate category, I need to be able to exclude that category from the general categories in the shop.

Hello,

First of all thanks for choosing our Theme, we are glad to be you in the WoodMart WordPress family :-).

Please provide with some relevant screenshots of the specific section where you want to show the products to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

Best Regards.

eiler
    Participant

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I am currently building the site; it is an online bookstore for a small publisher and the client would like to promote upcoming titles on the website. They create the products in woocommerce and usual and set a publish date in the future.

But then they are not shown anywhere, so instead, we added a category “upcoming books” and add the books to that category. I can display the upcoming books using the “Products (grid or carousel)” element, but they also show up in the normal book listing (using another “Products (grid or carousel)” element).

So is there a way to exclude an entire category from the “Products (grid or carousel)” element? Or is there another solution that better suits this situation?

Hello,

You can edit the data source of the Grid/Carousel module of the Wp-Bakery Page Builder from the edit page.
    Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/GQ2hF8F

You can include only the products that are coming soon in that specific grid/carousel element.

Best Regards.

eiler
    Participant

Dear Aizaz

Yes, that helps me find the “upcoming products”, but they should be excluded from the general product listing. As far as I can tell, I can only exclude individual titles, not a specific category.

IS there no way to get ‘all products except for the category “Upcoming”‘ as data source?

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no option to exclude it on category basis. Because It requires customization and this is beyond our limitations and support policy.

You can only exclude it on a product title basis.

Best Regards.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)