Home Forums WoodMart support forum Website optimisation

Website optimisation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hi there,

I find your theme very well optimised, but I am making final adjustments before my site goes live. Maybe you can help me with your knowledge.

There is an option in Theme Settings > Performance to “include Minified CSS, JS and combine JS files”. However I am also using WP Rocket, where you can also minify and combine css, JS, HTML etc. However, I would like to know what is better. Should we use the WP Rocket option or the Woodmart functionality?

Sometimes it makes a big difference, which option you use. From your expertise, what would you suggest? Of course I should not have WP Rocket and WoodMart doing the same job. It has to be one or the other.

Your comments appreciated.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

These options are totally different and our theme’s options are related to our files only. You can enable both options for better performance.

Kind Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hello. Thanks for your advice.

Can you kindly let me know what optimisation plugins / tools you use on your test theme on ThemeForest (Caching, CDN, etc etc)? I would like to use asimilar setup to what you use. WP-Rocket strangely did not give any real performance boost in my opinion.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We use WP Rocket only on our demo and it has all the required performance options.

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hello,

2 more questions on this:

1. WP Rocket cache system does not work so well with the Woodmart search facilty. Now when we do a search not all products are always displayed. Do you know how we prevent WP Rocket from caching the results in the search function?

2. When we use the “Combine JS files” option in the Woodmart performance section, it adds an extra 200kb to each page load. Surely it should be reducing page load rather than increasing?

Many thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

2. When you enable this option it loads all our JS libraries in one file. When you turn it off, it splits them into files and some libraries that you don’t use may not be loaded on some pages. So you can turn this option off.

Kind Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

YOu cna close this ticket. The probmem is not cache related – all seems good.

Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Website optimisation’ is closed to new replies.