Home Forums Basel support forum website/shop down after latest theme update [URGENT]

website/shop down after latest theme update [URGENT]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

konifez
    Participant

Hello, I installed the latest theme update today. Eventhough we have a child theme it looked completely different afterwards: Our logo and custom font was gone, design settings in general seemed to be overwritten and set back to the standard basic theme. When I tried to restore the old theme I could not use WordPress anymore at all.
    It says (translated): The website has technical difficulties. Please check the website administrator’s mailbox for further instructions.

We did not receive any email so for.

Could you please help us as soon as possible please? Our shop is down and we cannot sell anymore.

Thanks

Marvin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems that the customization code you added to the child theme is now not compatible with our latest update. Please, disable the child theme, update our theme and all the required plugins to the latest version and disable external plugins first so we can check your website. Also, be sure that you follow our migration guide during the update https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/faq-guides-2/4-x-5-0-migration-guide/

Regards

konifez
    Participant

Hello,

the problem is that I cannot access the the WordPress backend at all. There is just an error screen when I go to our website, So my hands are tied and I can’t switch off plugin or check where the error is.

Thanks for you help

UPDATE: We’ve restored the backup now and are retrying to update the theme.

Marvin

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case, you can open your website files via FTP or cPanel and rename all plugins and child theme with some prefix like 1_woodmart-child and they will be temporarily deactivated.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)