Home Forums WoodMart support forum WooCommerce Site Testing With Stripe – Long Processing Time

WooCommerce Site Testing With Stripe – Long Processing Time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

droid1711
    Participant

We are in the final stages of the site development and have started to test the WooCommerce purchasing functionality. When Processing payments with the template using Stripe for WooCommerce, after pressing the “PLACE ORDER” button the processing time is taking 20-25 seconds to finalize on the payment.

Is there something within the Woodmart Theme or plugins that is causing a conflict and not allowing the payment to process faster. Typically this process should take less than 10 seconds.

During processing a white screen displays with a small round loader symbol.

1) How can we speed up this processing time (Remove any template or plugin conflicts, etc…)

2) Is it possible to add a message during processing that shows a loader that says “Your payment is being processed. Please Wait… (See attached image)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not? It is a WooCommerce functionality and our theme doesn’t influence it.

Regards

droid1711
    Participant

I’m currently creating a staging site so I can test switching themes to see if the issue still exists. I’ll provide feedback as soon as I complete the testing of switching themes.

droid1711
    Participant

I have created a staging site and tested by switching the theme to TwentyTwenty and deactivated all plugins. It looks like the “Easy WP SMTP” plugin we installed was slowing down the processing speed, however with it deactivated it still takes approximately 12-14 seconds to finalize. Even with all plugins deactivated and the theme changed the fastest processing time I achieved was between 8-10 seconds. So, I’m assuming the theme added a few seconds once I switched back.

This processing time is acceptable for us for the time being, however we would like to update the checkout processing pre-loader that displays. How we can update our checkout processing
    pre-loader that displays while the customer is waiting. (See Screenshot Attached) We would like to use something that really stands out, either a larger pre-loader or a .Gif image that flashes “Processing Order, Please Wait”

Updating the pre-loader like this should prevent any customers from refreshing the page or closing out before the sale completes. Please let us know how we can make this fix so our customers don’t refresh the page or close the browser window.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings to replace the loader on checkout.

.woocommerce-cart .blockOverlay:after,
    .woocommerce-checkout .blockOverlay:after{
      animation: none;
      width: 100px;
      height: 100px;
      margin-top: -50px;
      margin-left: -50px;
      background-image: url("https://teamsscrc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/my_spinner.gif.gif");
      background-size: contain;
      border: none;
    }

Regards

droid1711
    Participant

That worked perfectly, Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)