Home Forums WoodMart support forum woodmart 2.0 update error!!!

woodmart 2.0 update error!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

lavitasarim
    Participant

Hello there. I made 2.0 update and my site is not open anymore. Please help us at once. Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

lavitasarim
    Participant

I do not use cache. Why this happened in the update. It has never been before 🙁

lavitasarim
    Participant

I turned to version 1.10. But the theme is not like the old one! Please help. I have been very hard to bring this situation. Problems are resolved soon.

footer, sidebar etc. disappeared :(:(:(

Thank you.

lavitasarim
    Participant

I am waiting

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

As we can see from your screenshot, you have PHP errors in the child theme, not in our 2.0 update. And it means that you modified our theme’s code in your child theme and it is no more compatible with our theme. So you just need to remove your modifications from the child theme to prevent these errors.

As for the footer and sidebar, you need to go to Appearance -> Widgets and be sure that all widgets are added to appropriate widgets areas.

Regards

lavitasarim
    Participant

I do not know what you said. It never happened before. What changes are you talking about? We already make the changes in the CHILD theme.

lavitasarim
    Participant

I returned to version 1.10, did not happen again. What should I do. Sidebar, footer disappeared.

lavitasarim
    Participant

We always apply the changes to the CHİLD theme. Is not this the aim of the CHILD theme? Could you please help me more clearly? How do I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Did you check your sidebar and footer widgets in Appearance -> Widgets. Are they added to appropriate areas?

Yes, the child theme is for code changes. But probably, you have some code that doesn’t work with our latest theme version. Try to enable wp-debug mode in WordPress and check what errors do you get there.

lavitasarim
    Participant

Why does the sidebar and footer disappear? I did not do anything about them! I just fixed the H tags for SEO. How do I get the old footer. How do I find the exact same as the original footer in Woodmart?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

There is an issue in WordPress about the widgets. When you switch between parent and child theme, the widgets may be removed from their areas. Unfortunately, there is no fix from the theme side regarding this issue. And now you need to restore them manually if you don’t have any database backups.

lavitasarim
    Participant

I went back to the old, and I started again. The result is bad. I sent it in the attachment. The categories menu is huge. Have nothing to do with this update? Emergency aid !!!

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But as we can see, the child theme with PHP error is still enabled https://gyazo.com/5b1a20ca2b949b76861e5119be4d0331

lavitasarim
    Participant

The main theme is currently active.

lavitasarim
    Participant

I expect news from you. Are you reviewing? We have to solve it as soon as possible.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we are checking your header problem at the moment.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings to fix this issue

.vertical-navigation {
       display: -webkit-box;
       display: -ms-flexbox;
       display: flex;
       -webkit-box-align: stretch;
           -ms-flex-align: stretch;
               align-items: stretch;
    }

body .navigation-wrap .header-categories-nav-wrap {
        height:auto;
    }

lavitasarim
    Participant

Thank you. The main theme has improved.

But how do I clean Child’s theme and what will I do to survive this problem again?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

By default, our child theme is empty and doesn’t have any code that may throw some errors. And if you have any errors there, then you added some code or something in the child theme yourself. So you need to repair this code or remove it completely. Anyway, it is not related to our theme and to our updates since it is your custom code.

lavitasarim
    Participant

How do I get the CHILD theme clean?

How do I get the old footer. How do I find the exact same as the original footer in Woodmart?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Clean child theme you can find the package with all files downloaded from ThemeForest.

Unfortunately, original footer widgets may be installed with the dummy content only. But you can simply check which widgets we use on our demo and replicate it. Use text widget for the first column, recent posts for second and custom menus for the last two widgets.

lavitasarim
    Participant

When I put header.php file it breaks. Can you examine it? I am sending it as an attachment.

lavitasarim
    Participant

When I put header.php file it breaks. Can you examine it?

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This file is outdated and has code that is no longer supported. You need to copy a new one and add your extra code customization.

lavitasarim
    Participant

Hello there.

I did everything I could. I deleted the CHILD theme. The error disappeared. But the main theme and the changes I made in the child theme are not working. Logo, menus, etc. do not change. We have to solve this problem soon.

I want you to examine it. We need to solve this problem quickly and smoothly. The site is in very bad condition.

I will send you user information when you are ready. I’m waiting for news.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we are here to help you. It is too late now, so we will be online probably in 8-10 hours.

What issues do you have now? You said that you removed the child theme and at the same time that changes made in the child theme are not working. But how they should work? And we are not responsible for any changes you made in the theme code.

lavitasarim
    Participant

Now CHILD theme is reset. It’s like the first time.
    The theme is not working at this time. I did not make a code change in the main theme.
    I do not understand how you do not agree. After the update, my site is gone.

You will understand when you come in.

Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We see the only one issue at the moment – categories menu width. Try to fix it replacing the code we gave you previously with this one

.main-header .vertical-navigation {
     display: -webkit-box;
     display: -ms-flexbox;
     display: flex;
     -webkit-box-align: stretch;
         -ms-flex-align: stretch;
             align-items: stretch;
    }

.main-header div.header-categories-nav-wrap {
      height:auto;
    }

lavitasarim
    Participant

I can not change the logo, the menus and much more. The theme can not make these changes. It’s like it’s locked up.

We have to solve this problem soon.

I want you to examine it. We need to solve this problem quickly and smoothly. The site is in very bad condition.

I will send you user information when you are ready. I’m waiting for news.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see, you have activated our Header builder function. So you can edit the header elements via Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Header builder. Find more information in our documentation and from video tutorials

https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/header-builder/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5IGeSKGCx0&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgI5rk5lf0JqYXwPEkOAsAxt

Tagged: ,

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)