Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woodmart and WPML string translation error

Woodmart and WPML string translation error

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

bigdrop
    Participant

Hi,

On my checkout page the shipping and payment options are not showing. There is an infinite loading icon.

Scenario 1. I disabled all plugins and kept just woocommerce, all the WPML related plugins and the woodmart theme and I get the same error.

Scenario 2. I disabled all plugins (with woodmart theme activated) and then activated them one by one. I found out that when I enable the “WPML string translation” plugin it is causing the problem.

Wooocmmerce > Status
    The only warning I get is Your store is not using HTTPS

Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Status
    Some prodact tags are missing translation
    Some products are not yet translated

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

bigdrop
    Participant

I have already tested this with the Storefront theme and it works.
    The error only appear when your theme is activated.
    The error is there when I activate your theme, parent or child it makes no difference, so it is not some modifications that I made to child theme that causes the problem.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, please, keep the Storefront theme active so we can check how it works and then we will switch to WoodMart to understand what is wrong.

bigdrop
    Participant

I have activated the storefront theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We need your website URL as well.

bigdrop
    Participant

Yes you do!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your FTP access as well. There is some issue with the theme and we need to troubleshoot it.

bigdrop
    Participant

Here it is.

Please do not make changes to the child theme.
    Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t see anything on the server http://prntscr.com/q5jz02

bigdrop
    Participant

Please use these credentials

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This FTP seems to be wrong now http://prntscr.com/q5mt81

bigdrop
    Participant

It works fine for me!
    https://ibb.co/PTSN3Sm

Please try once more.

bigdrop
    Participant

Did it work for you?

bigdrop
    Participant

Did you fix this?
    Because I do not see the error any more.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to replace the file wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/classes/Stylesstorage.php with the following one

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zXl0QONjkn_r3MUV0wmVl6ySkl4d0r6v/view?usp=sharing

bigdrop
    Participant

I am trying to create translations of my products. I use, as previous mentioned, the WPML plugin. I am facing a problem with the translation and I contacted the WPML support. I got the below reply.

“When I checked this out I found that the gallery should be saved on a field called woodmart_variation_gallery_data. I set this field to copy so that WPML can copy the value from this field. However, this didn’t seem to do the trick. I guess that the gallery is saved in some other way.

In this case, could you try to reach out the theme authors and ask them to have a look at this and tell you if there’s any other place (or way) that the gallery images are saved? I just want to understand how this field works so I can look for a way to make the values appear on the second language too.”

Can you please assist me on that?

Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, our products variations galleries are stored in one place only. And it is meta value with a key woodmart_variation_gallery_data. You can see how it is used on the frontend in the file woodmart/inc/integrations/woocommerce/modules/variation-gallery.php.

Kind Regards

bigdrop
    Participant

Hi,

I have send your answer to the WPML support and they asked me to contact you again.

“I already managed to identify that the images for the variations are saved in the woodmart_variation_gallery_data custom field. If you edit a translation of one of the products, like this one hidden link, you can see that the values of the woodmart_variation_gallery_data field (the ID of the images) are copied to the translated products.

I checked the file that the theme authors pointed out in their message. Since the IDs of the images are copied to the translated products (in which case the images should work fine on the translated product), could you ask again the theme authors if there’s anything else that needs to be done here, please?”

Since your theme is “WPML Officially Certified” as you claim can you please follow the thread that is currently open on the WPML official support?
    You can find it here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-image-variation-swatches-not-working-in-second-language/#post-5252477

I think it would be much easier this was to solve this situation.

Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It seems that it works correctly as you expect. The only problem is that the field is copied exactly with images IDs and variations IDs. But your translated product has DIFFERENT variations IDs. They are not fully copied. That is why these images are not applied on your translated product. So when you create the product translation, you create NEW variations with new IDs. That is why the copied field for variations images doesn’t work.

bigdrop
    Participant

So, what should I do exactly?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

I have explained why it doesn’t work but we don’t have a solution for this. You need to not copy these fields but select these images separately for translated products if possible from the WPML side.

bigdrop
    Participant

The WPML creator fixed this issue.

You need to add this lines of code to the functions.php

// WPML FIX TRANSLATIONS
    add_action('wpml_after_copy_custom_field', function ($post_id_from, $post_id_to, $meta_key) {
    	if ($meta_key == 'woodmart_variation_gallery_data') {
    		$translated_lang = apply_filters('wpml_post_language_details', '', $post_id_to);
    		$translated_lang = isset($translated_lang['language_code']) ? $translated_lang['language_code'] : '';

$original_value = get_post_meta($post_id_from, 'woodmart_variation_gallery_data', true);
    		$translated_value = $original_value;

if (!empty($original_value) && is_array($original_value)) {
    			foreach ($original_value as $key => $value) {
    				$translated_variation_id = apply_filters('wpml_object_id', $key, 'product_variation', false, $translated_lang);
    				$translated_value[$translated_variation_id] = $value;
    				unset($translated_value[$key]);

}

update_post_meta($post_id_to, 'woodmart_variation_gallery_data', $translated_value);
    		}
    	}
    }, 10, 3);

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you. We are talking to WPML team now to discuss the details.

chicshop
    Participant

I am facing this same issue with your theme described by bigdrop in post #166703 related to the woodmart_variation_gallery_data field not copied in the WPML translations of the products.

Could you advise on how to apply the fix (for existing translated products)he has received from WPML in post #172470 above

I have tried adding the code to functions.php and the woodmart_variation_gallery_data field is also set to copy in WPML settings, but existing products are not affected.

Looking for a solution as we have thousands of already translated products which is missing woodmart_variation_gallery_data fields from the original.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello @chicshop,

The solution from the WPML team works when you copy the field and if you want to have some more general solution, try to contact their team for help.
    That particular fix will be included in our next theme update so newly created products will work correctly.

Kind Regards

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)