Home Forums WoodMart support forum Accidentally messed up my Theme Settings.

Accidentally messed up my Theme Settings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pupser.cobs
    Participant

Long story short, i’ve messed up my Theme Settings.

I’ve managed to save strings from xts-woodmart-options and xts_backups_auto.

The problem is that i’m not able to manually re-add them into my DB. These new data just get’s ignored and something (idk maybe DB itself or Woodmart automatically clears it). And most likely, because I’ve tried to fix it in DB before checking in the Theme Settings Backups now my autobackups are messed up too (or not visible, can’t re-add them manually either).

Is it possible to convert those settings strings into JSON and import them manually?

Please, advise ^_^

P.S. In the “Private content” section you will find strings (they are separated by xts-woodmart-options (start)/xts-woodmart-options (end) and xts_backups_auto (start)/xts_backups_auto (end)

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by pupser.cobs.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

Please add these records to your database and give us access to it and your WordPress admin. Also, explain what exactly doesn’t work after that.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

pupser.cobs
    Participant

As soon as I add them they get cleared up. I’ve tried to create an empty manual backup to switch its contents with content from an autobackup. Now i have no settings, nor auto or manual backups.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and switch to the parent theme temporarily.

pupser.cobs
    Participant

I think i know what could possibly mess up my Theme Settings (not sure though, but it was kind of the last thing i did in the Theme Settings).

In the Theme Settings → Shop → Cart there is the “Empty cart text ” field.
    I’ve added a red heart emoji ❤️ at the end of the text. As I understand, theme settings get PHP serialized to be stored. I think emoji could break serialization.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It might be due to your database configuration. You need to consult with your server provider for help or avoid using emoji in Theme Settings.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)