Home Forums WoodMart support forum Animations No Longer Waiting For Scroll (Please Help)

Animations No Longer Waiting For Scroll (Please Help)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

tank
    Participant

I recently noticed that my CSS animations in WP Bakery are no longer waiting for me to scroll to that part of the page to load. Before, when I had the animations set, they would load once I scrolled to that part of the page. Now, they don’t wait and they load right away.

To check and see if it was an issue with another plugin, I disabled all my plugins except for those needed for WP Bakery. Still, the issue was there.

I decided to create a new website on a new server to see if it was something else. I installed WoodMart and the plugins that it required and went to a premade page to add animations to the page. When I went to check the front end, the animations still would not wait for me to scroll to load. They continue to load once the page has been loaded.

Why aren’t the animations waiting for me to scroll to that part of the page anymore?

You know what I mean? When I set the animations on a section of the page in WP Bakery, they would always wait to load until I scrolled to that part of the page and then they would load. So when I was scrolling down a page, they would load only when I came to that section. It was really smooth. Now, it doesn’t wait for me to get to that part of the page to load. When I scroll to that part of the page, the animations don’t run because they have already loaded.

As you can see, it is working on this website (this is an old demo website of the new website I am building) and the animations all work. I made this website weeks ago and haven’t touched it since:

But with the newly installed website, it doesn’t show the animations:

I have tried installing WoodMart on 7 new servers and they all have issues with the scroll animations on product pages and the homepage.

I have to have this figured out before Monday. Please.

tank
    Participant

Support – Could you please move the links I put in this ticket to the Private Section after you help me with this please? Thanks.

tank
    Participant

You can see that on the website where it is working, the top banner below the product image fades in and up. Then further down, there is a text block that fades in from the left. On the website it is not working, none of these animations wait to load the animations. They load them when the page loads and so when you scroll down, nothing happens because they have already loaded the animation when the page loaded.

tank
    Participant

I just realized it is doing the same thing on all my other WoodMart websites. Anywhere that we had page animations, they are no longer waiting until they are scrolled into view.

It has to be something with the last theme update or WordPress because like I mentioned before, I have installed WoodMart on many new clean servers with nothing but the WoodMart theme and the plugins it ships with, and it is still doing this on a fresh new clean site with no other plugins installed.

Update:
    I just tried again to install the newest version of the theme to a fresh server with WordPress installed and it is still doing this weird thing with the animations. It has to be directly connected to the theme or the plugins it ships with. I have tried disabling all other plugins except WP Bakery Page Builder and the WoodMart Core plugin, and this issue is still there.

Here (in the Private Content section) it is doing the same thing on another WoodMart install that had many fadein animations on it. They used to fadein when the section that had the animation set came into view while scrolling down the page, but now, they all just load on page load and they don’t wait for you to scroll down to animate.

Hello,

I understand what you mean.

You see this is the way WP Bakery page builder implements the animation. Please check the issue on any default theme. Make the full backup of your site and activate Twenty fourteen or any else to see if our theme causes the problem.

Best regards

tank
    Participant

I understand, but it did not do this before. It just started doing this recently. And as you can see on the website that it is working on still, it did work before.

tank
    Participant

WP Bakery didn’t do this before. So something has changed. Is there anything I can do to patch it for now? Make it so that all animations wait until they are scrolled into view?

This was never a problem before and all of the animations worked when scrolled into view for over a year with WP Bakery. So maybe this is an issue with WP Bakery recently? You see the website it works on that I gave you the link to, how come it works on that website that has WP Bakery?

See the link below in the Private Content. How come it works fine there? What is the difference between the website it works on and the website it doesn’t work on?

I installed WoodMart on many websites all with the animations working when scrolled into view. This is something that has recently changed that made it like this. It wasn’t always like this.

tank
    Participant

The issue is happening on any of my other themes with WP Bakery. WP Bakery is supposed to load the animations when the section scrolls into view (they even state this – see attached image). And on the one website link I posted (where everything is working like it should), it works like it should. WoodMart used to animate when scrolled into view, but now it isn’t. Even on fresh new installs of WoodMart with Wp Bakery and nothing else, it is still no waiting for the user to scroll into view before animating. For some reason, it recently has started doing this (as you can see in the two different WoodMart installation links I provided for you, where one is working and one isn’t).

I think it was something in the last update or something else with the required plugins. Something is blocking the animation trigger that should fire when scrolling into view. Instead, it just animates on page load and doesn’t wait for you to scroll into view.

There has to be a way to fix this and get it to work like it always has worked.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Our theme is based on WP Bakery page builder plugin, however, it does not influence its functionality. Perhaps WP bakery team could change something in their functionality. Have you checked the plugin on any other theme?

Also disable all the plugins not related to the theme and check, perhaps third parties plugins influence.

Best Regards

tank
    Participant

I have explained all of this above already. I have tried disabling all the plugins and installing on a fresh new server, and… Check above. You can see in detail everything I have tried.

No, it is not an issue with my other themes. Just WoodMart.

I don’t understand why it works on one Woodmart install, but not the rest.

See in Private Content below. It works on one website and doesn’t on another.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access so we can check it? Also, please, provide us a link to the page with the problem. The one you sent earlier returns 404 error.

Thank you in advance

tank
    Participant

I have tried disabling all other plugins. Here is a page where two images have animations set in WP Bakery (fadeinup and fadeinleft) and the images don’t animate like they should when scrolling down the page.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, disable all external plugins and send us your admin access so we can check it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)