Home Forums WoodMart support forum Attributes in shop filter widget not consistent/appearing

Attributes in shop filter widget not consistent/appearing

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

jamestmorris89
    Participant

Hi all,

I am having difficulty, my attributes are set globally but they do not all appear in the filter view, this varies by category, the widget is set for all categories and the attributes match exactly, they show on the single product view but the filter widget is having difficulty showing them, it has shown them correctly, but it isnt now, ive cleared cache, ive also regenerated the product attributes in Status > Tools, it shows them temporarily but then they are gone as fast as they appeared.

Could you help please?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jamestmorris89
    Participant

Why also would it do this?

Attachments:

jamestmorris89
    Participant

I think I figured out why it’s happening now I need to know what the work around is, it seems when my variable products have multiple values in the additional information (product details) section they don’t seem to show in the filter widget properly, simple products show perfectly, I need to know now if this is the cause and if so, how I get around it.

Do I just create simple products and link products to them?

Very confused and in need of some serious help

Thank you very much

Hello,

I am unable to see your issue due to maintenance mode. Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the issue, If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

If the issue remains, share the wp logins details of your site so i will check and give you a possible solution.

Best Regards.

jamestmorris89
    Participant

I have checked all of the plugins, I deactivated all plugins, still no joy, please find attached details in extra information

Thanks Aizaz, very helpful as always.

Hello,

I have visited your site and filter by attribute it is working fine:
    Screenshot for clarification:
    https://ibb.co/N1yRJJS

Check back your site after completely clearing the browser cache.

Best Regards.

jamestmorris89
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

Yes, if you read what I mentioned above, this is because under the mirrors category they are all simple products, the second I incorporate a variable product(s) into the mix, they do not display correctly, this is because the Variant name on the product page is joined in a string under attribute colour like “Brushed Gold, Matt Black, Chrome” Do you think it would be better to create Single products and then link them to show the attributes correctly? This way I could have separate information for each product and not worry about the additional information tab not dynamically changing on selection?

jamestmorris89
    Participant

If you check the “Taps” Category, this is the one I have the problem with.

Hello,

Can you please share the small video for better understanding. So I will further check your site and help you accordingly.

Best Regards.

jamestmorris89
    Participant

Hi,

Please see video link attached in private content

Hello,

Your issue has been resolved. Go to Woocommerce > Settings > Product tab > Advanced tab and disable Use the product attributes lookup table for catalog filtering.

Best Regards.

jamestmorris89
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

Why am i still getting this then?

Attachments:

jamestmorris89
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

Here we are back to square one, still not sure what is causing it.

Hello,

You need to update the PHP version on your server to 8 or higher. If the issue remains, confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable it all back.

Best Regards.

jamestmorris89
    Participant

Yes i give permission

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Best Regards.

jamestmorris89
    Participant

If I activate another theme will it override or break my current website? Can I just switch back and forth on themes and it be okay?

Hello,

Make a full backup of your site and check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Best Regards.

jamestmorris89
    Participant

Ive tried, no change.

Hello,

You have checked with the default theme and the issue still remains. It means it is not our theme issue.
    Please contact WooCommerce support in this regard they will guide you better.

Best Regards.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)