Home Forums WoodMart support forum Blurred image in the product card

Blurred image in the product card

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

zoowy1305
    Participant

Hello! For me, the image quality of the product on the site is very important, but I ran into a problem. The product image thumbnails are blurry, which is unacceptable for me. This problem disappears if you refresh the page, but every time you return to the product card, it appears again. I checked on the demo version of woodmart and found the same problem there. I’m adding a screenshot. On the left before the page refresh and the thumbnails are muddy, on the right after the refresh and the image is clear and sharp

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Please check this manual: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/image-size-and-content-alignment-in-a-product-grid/

If it does not solve your issue, please try to upload images of a bigger size.

Best Regards

kostasm
    Participant

Dear WoodMart Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m writing to discuss an issue that has been persistently occurring on my website, which uses the WoodMart theme. The product image thumbnails appear blurry on the first load of the product page, which is a significant concern considering the essential role that high-quality product images play in the customer shopping experience.

Upon refreshing the page, the problem seems to resolve itself, and the images appear clear and sharp as they should. However, every time one navigates back to the product page, the blurriness returns. This intermittent yet persistent issue has been causing confusion and potential loss of sales on my site.

To provide more context, I have attached screenshots highlighting the difference in image quality before and after a page refresh. In the left-hand screenshot, you can see how the product image thumbnails initially appear blurry. However, in the right-hand screenshot, taken after refreshing the page, the image quality is significantly improved.

In an attempt to isolate the problem, I checked the demo version of the WoodMart theme and discovered the same issue exists there too. This leads me to believe that the problem may be inherent to the theme itself.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could look into this issue and provide any possible solutions or updates that might resolve it. Clear and sharp product images are critical for our operations, and I trust that the WoodMart team understands and values the importance of this aspect.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by kostasm.
    • This reply was modified 8 months ago by Elise Noromit.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Please provide the product page URL.

Best Regards

kostasm
    Participant

Hello again,

I appreciate your swift response and readiness to assist with my issue. Since our last communication, I’ve conducted more extensive troubleshooting and would like to share my findings with you.

The problem, as it turns out, pertains to the regeneration of the thumbnails via the EWWW Image Optimizer. I discovered that when I enabled the “Apply improved sharpening to JPG resizing operations and WebP Conversion” option, the thumbnails displayed with the expected clarity. This resolved the issue of blurry 600×600 product image thumbnails on the initial page load.

Additionally, I observed that without the sharpening feature enabled, the 600×600 thumbnail was blurry on the initial load. However, with sharpening enabled and after regenerating the thumbnails from the start, the 600×600 thumbnail displayed perfectly without the need to refresh the page.

It’s peculiar that after refreshing a page that initially displayed a blurry 600×600 thumbnail, the image subsequently appears sharper, as if the original high-quality image is being loaded upon page refresh. I speculate that the original, higher-quality image might be loaded after a refresh, explaining why the thumbnail looks sharp post-refresh but blurry initially.

I believe this information may be helpful for you in identifying and resolving similar issues for other users of the WoodMart theme.

If you still need to investigate this issue further, please note that I have a test environment set up for my website where I can provide you access. You’ll be able to recreate the issue and analyze the problem more closely if needed.

Thank you once again for your willingness to assist with my issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any additional information.

Best regards,

Hello,

Thank you for the provided information. We will consider the issue.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)