Home Forums WoodMart support forum Bug with Quick Shop for variations

Bug with Quick Shop for variations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Thora
    Participant

Hello,

I recognized a bug for the option “Quick shop for variations” (Theme settings > “Shop”) on archive pages:

• I activated the option “Product Archive > AJAX shop”
    • For simple products, “add to cart” button on archive pages works well, the cart widget is shown on the right
    • For variable products, I’m redirected to the single product page with the green “added to cart” message, after clicking “add to cart” button

For variable products it only works correct, when the option “Single product (sic!) > Add to cart options > AJAX add to cart” is enabled.
    This option can’t be enabled on our site because of a separate wishlist plugin, that hooks into the add to cart form on single product pages.
    Moreover, this is not logical, since according to the description the option should only affect the single product page.

Is it possible to fix that soon? Thank you in advance.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Thora.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please send us a link to your website where we can see this issue?

Kind Regards

Thora
    Participant

FYI:
    I also renamed the “woocommerce” folder within the child theme before starting this thread, to verify that this also happens with the default template files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, it is how it is supposed to work.

1. AJAX shop option is not related to the add to cart button. It is for navigation and filters.

2. AJAX add to cart option for simple products comes with WooCommerce by default and is not related to our theme.

3. Our custom AJAX add to cart for single product option works both on the single product page and in the quick shop since it contains the same form from the single product page and we can’t separate them.

Kind Regards

Thora
    Participant

Hello,

now I’m very confused and upset.

I checked it on a local installation with unchanged woodmart theme and demo content and saw, that the redirection to the single product page also happens for quick view (that we don’t use). And in this case also for simple products and not only variable products.

That means when you can’t use AJAX on single product page (“Will not work with plugins that add some custom fields to the add to cart form.”), you also can’t use Quick Shop or Quick View on archive pages. Because redirection to the single product page for every “add to cart” foils these “quick” features.

Is there really no way and no effort to improve this behavior to bring about logic even without Single Product Page AJAX?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please clarify do you disable AJAX add to cart on the single product page because of some custom fields? In this case, that should appear in the quick shop and quick view as well. So this option will not work there anyway.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)