Home Forums WoodMart support forum Cannot change Shop page title

Cannot change Shop page title

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

aquadark
    Participant

Hi,

My site is using the default /shop page as a Shop Page in WooCommerce. Its title is “Shop” and the slug is /shop. All default and untouched.
    However, the browser tab name <title></title> is… “Products”. And I don’t know how/where to change this. When I rename the page from “Shop” to something else from the WP page editor, the title changes, but only on the page itself (heading title, breadcrumbs). The browser title stays “Products”. I am attaching some screenshots for clarification.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by WooСommerce.

Best Regards

aquadark
    Participant

Hello,

I made a staging website, disabled everything (all plugins, customizations, etc.), reset the permalinks to default, switched to Storefront theme and it still said “Products” instead of Shop (or any custom page title I set).
    Then, I opened the Storefront demo at https://themes.woocommerce.com/storefront/shop/ and lo and behold – it also says “Products”. Using Loco, I found the string that is used for this (see screenshot), however changing it also changes the word “Products” accross many different Woo pages and is not an option.

The interesting thing here is that on the Woodmart demos, the Shop page is indeed called “Shop” and not “Products”… no idea how that happens.

I’ll investigate this further on the WooCommerce support forums. Perhaps using Yoast SEO would allow me to set a custom title, but this is still an interesting problem…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

This Woocoommerce page identification and no WordPress theme can influence that, try to search in Woocommerce documentation how to change that as we do not have any instructions.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

aquadark
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve found a way to change the shop title using the code below. Hope this help other people who look for a solution 🙂

function wc_custom_shop_archive_title() {
    if ( is_shop() ) { ?>
    <title>My New Shop Custom Title – My Site Title</title>
    <?php }
    }
    add_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘wc_custom_shop_archive_title’, 0 );

However, I find that the easiest way is to use Yoast SEO (manipulating the meta tags on the page itself), especially if you use WPML or Polylang, because the above snippet requires further customization in order to make it work for multi-lingual websites (but is perfectly OK for pages using a single language).

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, Yoast SEO is the best way to control your pages titles and meta tags.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)