Home Forums Basel support forum Cannot Update Theme Files

Cannot Update Theme Files

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have a website that was designed using Basel with a customized child theme. Over the last year the site has become very slow, laggy, and glitchy. We have a notification on our WordPress site to update our theme files. We have tried to follow the instructions here https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/update-theme/#:~:text=As%20soon%20as%20your%20theme,settings%20and%20custom%20CSS%20remain.
    but are unable to. We do not have the purchase code, the designer who built our site has it and she is unavailable for support. She installed it under her account and has since switched careers. We’re at a loss. Last week we tried purchasing a fresh Basel theme and installed it on our staging site to see if we could somehow get the fresh install to play nicely with our current Basel / Basel Child themes but that didn’t work. We were hoping we could transfer the license from to ourselves, but I can’t see how to do that.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Artem Temos.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can quickly transfer your license from one domain to another by first removing the old activation in your account. Then you will be free to activate the theme on a new domain. Let me know if it helps you.

Kind Regards

It is the same domain. I just don’t want to loose the customization we have done. How would I go about transferring the license? I cannot find any documentation for that.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

All you need to do is to deactivate the license in your WordPress dashboard or in your account on our website. Then you will be able to transfer the license without any issues.

Kind Regards

I did that, but when I activate the child theme again I have this error:
    Your theme (Basel Child) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. Suggestions to fix this:

Update your theme to the latest version. If no update is available contact your theme author asking about compatibility with the current WooCommerce version.
    If you copied over a template file to change something, then you will need to copy the new version of the template and apply your changes again.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can ignore this message for now since it is harmless for your website. We will update these files in our next theme version.

You can request a refund in 14-day period after purchase.

Kind Regards

I am requesting a refund. How do I request a refund? I started this thread because your faq’s said to start here if I wanted a refund.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can request a refund only in 14-day period. Otherwise, we will not be able to return your money back. Please, specify your purchase date.

Thank you

It was purchased on Jul 20, 2023, 3:56 PM.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, fill the form on this page to request a refund https://themeforest.net/refund_requests/new

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)