Home Forums WoodMart support forum Can’t enter a quantity of 1 on the mini cart.

Can’t enter a quantity of 1 on the mini cart.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

voodoorabbit.com.au
    Participant

I am using a plugin that allows me to sell my products as decimal points.
    Decimal Product Quantity for WooCommerce Version 12.39 | By WPGear

Everything was working fine until I updated the theme and plugins on the website last week.
    We now have an issue where you cannot enter a qty of 1 on the mini cart widget for any item that uses decimal points.
    You can enter any other number and it displays correctly. But if you enter 1 it shows as 0.25 (or the minimum qty value for that product) in the quantity field but shows the quantity x pricing correctly underneath.

The issue is only on the mini cart widget, everything works correctly on the shopping cart and checkout pages.

I have been in contact with WPGear the developer of the decimal point plugin and they think that it is JS error on the mini-cart.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have investigated this issue but couldn’t find the reason for this bug. It is not caused by our JavaScript. It appears to be more related to the PHP handler of the mini cart update action. Unfortunately, we don’t have a workaround at the moment. You may try to ask the plugin developers to investigate this further or disable this input in the mini cart.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please let us know.

Best regards

voodoorabbit.com.au
    Participant

Who/what controls the PHP handler of the mini cart update action. Is it the theme or Elementor?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The mini cart quantity update handler is a part of our theme’s code.

voodoorabbit.com.au
    Participant

We have looked into this issue further and feel that it is a bug in the Woodmart code.
    The issue was caused because the input_name value “quantity” is used for actual input fields (e.g. on the Product details page) and this conflicts with other plugins that implement woocommerce_quantity_input_args. The cart page already uses a different value for the input_name field when calling woocommerce_quantity_input to render the input box.

We fixed the issue by copying the same code to the mini-cart: https://gist.github.com/sammyblueeyes/50462d5f87595dd71fb00d1bca5bb8fc

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for posting your solution here. We will check it and implement in the next theme update.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)