Home Forums WoodMart support forum Cant update WpBakery/Jscomposer

Cant update WpBakery/Jscomposer

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

jensende
    Participant

Hi
    We cant update WpBakery. Tried under plugins under the theme tab, appearence plugins and downloaded the latest download from purchase and manually upload the plugin.
    But no success (the pluign in the download package must obviously be old) so we are stuck on 6.11.0

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

WPBakery Page Builder and Revolution slider come bundled with our theme but they can’t be activated with our purchase code. Actually, you don’t need to do this. Only in case you want to get free premium support from its author, you can purchase it from Codecanyon. But it is not necessary since we will always provide you with the latest updates.

You can update the plugin in Appearance > Install plugins. If you have any problems (these problems are often caused by the host security or size max size limitations) you can upload and install via Dashboard > Plugins or FTP.

1. Make the full backup of your site.
    2. Deactivate and delete the current version.
    3. Upload the new version.
    4. Upload and install.

Best Regards

jensende
    Participant

Hi
    Not sure you understand, we have been doing this for a couple of years with our theme in various sites we have but now we can’t update fullstop, in no way.
    Please use details given to you and try

Hello,

Can you please share the WP admin login details of your site so I will check and solve the issue?

Best Regards.

jensende
    Participant

Hi see private info

Hello,

Your issue has been solved. Please check the site after removing the browser cache.

Best Regards.

Eric B
    Participant

What was the fix? Because I have this same issue now on all 3 of my Woodmart themes.

jensende
    Participant

Hi Eric
    I dont really know, they logged in and fixed it

Hello @Eric B,

Please download the latest version of WP Bakery plugin from the private content and install the plugin manually on the site.

Best Regards.

Eric B
    Participant

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by Private Content. Do I download from Themeforest?

Hello,

@Eric
    b
    You can navigate to the Appearance > Install plugins and update. If automatic update does not work, update manually:

1. Download the recent version of the theme from Themeforest account.

2. Navigate to Plugins and deactivate the current plugin, you will see “Delete option”, delete the current plugin

3. Upload the plugin archive from theme/inc/plugins/js_composer via Plugin > Add new > Upload > install > activate.

If the issue remains, share the wp logins details of your site i will solve the issue on your site.

Best Regards.

Eric B
    Participant

Hi Xtemos,

I did try to update by instructions provided and it still wouldn’t update to the latest. I’ve included login details bellow. Still says: Update failed: Download failed. A valid URL was not provided.

I have two other sites with Woodmart licenses that this is also not working on. Could it be a server setting?

Thanks!

jensende
    Participant

I find this really annoying as well!

Hello,

@EricB

Your issue has been resolved. Check back your site after completely clearing the browser cache.

@Jensende

Can you please share the valid login details of your site? I will check and solve the issue on your site.

Best Regards.

jensende
    Participant

I have sent details in private section 🙂
    Thank you

Hello,

@jensende

You are already using the latest version of the wp bakery.

Best Regards.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)