Home Forums WoodMart support forum Category 404 Error After Elementor/Woocommerce update

Category 404 Error After Elementor/Woocommerce update

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Bhaskar satywali
    Participant

Hi Team,

We had a woocommerce plugin update last night, followed by database update which all completed yesterday itself however later, customers reported that the category menu (under shop) was showing “404” page instead of taking them to the pages.

This problem has happened in past as well, the only way to fix this is by going into woocommernce >> categories >> quick editing 1 of the category and click save.

For now, I have carried out this action as the website is live however would like to understand why does this happen and would request fix as well. This started happening since woodmart 7.x update else it never happened before.

404 error screenshot from a customer

Category Menu

How to fix 404

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

I await your response.

Kind Regards

Bhaskar satywali
    Participant

Hi Luke, this only happens after woocommerce/elementor (not sure which one of the 2) update, as stated earlier, I have fixed it by quick-edit method but this should not happen in the first place which is why it was reported.

Activating default theme won’t product the problem right now.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please explain how can I replicate the issue on my side? Because I am surfing the categories and I can’t see the issue.

I await your response.

Kind Regards

Bhaskar satywali
    Participant

Hello, this error cannot be replicated by you or me now as I have already fixed it, this is why I had shared the screenshot earlier.

Since it’s a live site, I could not keep the error active on the website. Let me know what is best for you, to close this case for now or keep it open until the issue resurface (which may take time as woocommerce/elementor updates are not that frequent).

Thanks in advance Luke.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Let me know when the issue will repeat so then I can investigate it.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Kind Regards

Bhaskar satywali
    Participant

Hi Team,

Meanwhile, Customers reported that the category menu was showing “404” page instead of taking them to the pages.

This problem has happened in past as well, the only way to fix this is by going into woocommernce >> categories >> quick editing 1 of the category and click save.
    Please check it out ASAP.
    Check the attachments.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Bhaskar satywali. Reason: Email: Bhaskar.satywali2013@gmail.com
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Bhaskar satywali. Reason: Email: Bhaskar.satywali2013@gmail.com
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot access your website, more details is here: https://take.ms/cvNBv

In general, the categories functionality is related to WooCommerce so did you check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Kind Regards

Bhaskar satywali
    Participant

Hi team, Sorry for the block issue.
    Please check it out again.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Right now I cannot replicate that issue for investigation, unfortunately. Here is a video from my side that everything works well now: https://take.ms/BYB2r

Let me know when the problem appears again.

Kind Regards

Bhaskar satywali
    Participant

Hi Luke, I have already faced this issue on a multiple occassion on both of my site, since both the sites (satywali.com and durvient.com) are live, we can’t keep waiting for you guys to come and see it while customers/visitors keep generating 404 error.

Is there any other way to address this as this issue does not happen on twenty-twenty-three or storefront themes but only on woodmart.

As stated earlier, the only option to fix this is by going into category and editing any of the category once and it gets fixed.

P.S. Both the sites were created independently with a fresh wordpress installation hence same issue occuring on both is bit of a surprise.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have updated WooCommerce and the database and we didn’t have such an error. Please clear the cache and monitor the site.

I hope you are not facing the same issue again.

Kind Regards

Bhaskar satywali
    Participant

We are restoring the site back to previous version when issue existed, please check now and you will understand the problem.

Kindly reply ASAP so that we could restore the site back to “today’s version”.

Bhaskar satywali
    Participant

here is the latest screenshot of restored site (backup date 22Apr):
    Screenshot

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

You have the cached URL which can cause that error: https://monosnap.com/file/qdqNDMHslurx5QgtMlfcXNbx2NiNd9

Could you please replicate that issue on the staging site and give us access?

Kind Regards

Bhaskar satywali
    Participant

Hi Luke, the issue is not because of caching as caching was cleared repeatedly and new browser windows were also used to verify the error.

Having said that, the issue has disappeared for now, we can mark this case closed for now, if needed, we will open a new case.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok. In case you need any additional help, I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Category 404 Error After Elementor/Woocommerce update’ is closed to new replies.