Home Forums WoodMart support forum Category page set up

Category page set up

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

gilesp
    Participant

Hi, i am trying to add a banner for a category page https://www.web-design-hosting-surrey.co.uk/prime-factors-motorcycles/product-category/motorbikes/indian/ but this doesnt seem to show – see attached screen shot.

I also want to add a price filter. Can you tell me how to do this ? the same as on this page https://woodmart.xtemos.com/product-category/clocks/?demo= – see screen shot.

Thanks,
    Giles

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

gilesp
    Participant

My mistake. I realise now the image is showing but is it possible to make it much taller OR have a seperate banner image underneath like this – see screen shot.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Read our documentation topic about the banner for categories pages https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/add-banner-category-page/

Regards

gilesp
    Participant

Thanks – i did look here but couldnt find …

– How to change order of categories
    – Add a seperate banner
    – Add a line devider
    – Make text bigger (menu + category intro)

If that’s possible, let me know.

Thanks,
    Giles

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Categories order can be changed in Dashboard -> Products -> Categories. Simply drag and drop them.

For other questions please attach some screenshots for better understanding.

Thank you

gilesp
    Participant

Okay thanks.

So the other things .. is it possible to make the left hand menu text bigger and also the category intro text at the top of the page?

Also, I wanted to add a simple line to separate the menu on the left to the content on the right. – see attached.

Thanks,
    Giles

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Use this code snippet to increase the font size

.term-description {
    	font-size: 16px;
    }

Unfortunately, we can’t add a separator line there.

gilesp
    Participant

hi … the code works to change the text size, thanks.

but i changed the category order like you said, but it has not worked. can you take a quick look?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but it is a WooCommerce functionality and we don’t know why it doesn’t work on your website.

gilesp
    Participant

That is a shame. There seems to be a lot of small bugs in this theme and i wish i knew before because this kind of thing is very important for an ecommerce website.

So there is nothing you can do or any way to fix this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But what do you call a theme bug here? We are a bit confused now. You are trying to reorder woocommerce categories and this functionality doesn’t come with our theme. Did you try how it works with our theme?

gilesp
    Participant

Yes I tried it but no luck.

I just thought that basic things like this would have been tested with your theme. You are selling a theme that supports woocommerce so I don’t think this is a big ask.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, our theme is absolutely compatible with WooCommerce, but if something doesn’t work in the plugin, we are not able to fix this since we are not plugin’s developers. Did you test how this work with default WordPress theme? Can you check if it is our theme issue or not?

Thank you in advance.

gilesp
    Participant

okay i’ll try on another theme and let you know.

is there a way to make the left menu text bigger?

gilesp
    Participant

okay i worked it out. i had to change ‘order by category’ in the widgets section.

i would still like to make the text bigger, if possible?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Use this code snippet

div.widget_product_categories .product-categories li a {
    	font-size: 16px;
    }
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)