Home Forums WoodMart support forum Cateogies/subcategories and widget questions/issues

Cateogies/subcategories and widget questions/issues

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

david-0529
    Participant

Hi.
    1. How do to hide subcategories in the nav band when there are no products in them? (attached is an image of what I mean)

2. the Appearance > Widgets > Shop page widget area is showing an error message that is cut off, what is it and how do I fix? Image also attached.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

david-0529
    Participant

A feature suggestion, any area that would show a link with product counts, add a class or data-type to the parent element that could hide it or style it based on the counts. So on the image I sent, if the divs had a class or data like <div class”products-0″ data-product-count=”0″>, it would be simple to just hide them with a style. 😉

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Navigate to Theme Settings -> Product archive -> Page title and turn on the “Hide empty categories” option: https://prnt.sc/3CAtkoBpzfU4

2. Try to install Classic Widgets plugin to fix this problem
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-widgets/

Kind Regards

david-0529
    Participant

Thank you, the Hide Empty worked! The Classic Widgets sure made the page look vastly different, but I was able to see 2 widgets causing the issue and removed them, so I assume that solved the error message I cannot see (cannot tell with classic widgets).

Hope you consider my suggestion for a change too. 🙂
    Thanks

david-0529
    Participant

Hmmm. Had the idea to turn off classic widgets after my changes, and I still see the error and cannot figure it out. 🙁

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please send me a screenshot of the error you see.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

david-0529
    Participant

I did. The first message with 2 attachments above, look at the first one. The messages are in red to the right side, cut off. But nothing is wrong on the public side, so I guess I am not overly worried.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ahh, I see. Could you please send me access to the admin panel so I can look closer at it?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

david-0529
    Participant

The account I gave you in this thread: https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/adjust-then-the-navs-change-for-mobile/\When you adjusted the hamburger timing, is still valid. 🙂

david-0529
    Participant

This seems to be confined to one browser with plugins. I am assuming it is being caused by a plugin on my browser. Thanks.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Understood, so in this case the topic can be closed?

Thank you for your time nad patience.

Kind Regards

david-0529
    Participant

I believe so. If you want to take a look on your account you are welcome, but I believe it is related to an Edge plugin now.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is the Error message – https://prnt.sc/fQZXqR5-CQAn, Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand whether it is our theme issue?

Kind Regards

david-0529
    Participant

Ahh, you see the error also? So, it is not local to me!
    If I change the theme to see what shows on Twenty Twenty-Four, will I lose ANY of my Woodmart settings? I do not want to risk losing any of my work.

david-0529
    Participant

I tried the twenty twenty four and when I went to the widget screen I got at attached.

Attachments:

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

david-0529
    Participant

I am finding that a bit confusing, but since the site is my dev site I’ll leave it for now and play with this when I go live. :/
    One more question on categories (the original topic of this thread)…

Attachments:

david-0529
    Participant

I based my work on your grocery demo. Your demo has a links in menu on a cell phone, mine does not. Where do I add to the menu side?

david-0529
    Participant

Also after you had me switch to twenty twenty four to check that error , I lost part of my footer with all my links and now Elementor never wants to come up for me to edit pages…. How do I get all that back?

david-0529
    Participant

Cancel the last post, I got elementor working again

david-0529
    Participant

This is the footer that just went *poof*. It is still on the editor.

Attachments:

david-0529
    Participant

Found. Somehow the footer contents switch to widgets not block. Changing it fixed the footer.

david-0529
    Participant

Figured the nav menu are that was blank on mobile too! Close this ticket.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Glad that you managed to fix that.

Always remember that you can reach out to us with any questions you may have.

Have a good day!

Kind Regards

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cateogies/subcategories and widget questions/issues’ is closed to new replies.