Home Forums WoodMart support forum Change a template or theme to the last demo

Change a template or theme to the last demo

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

mahros111
    Participant

Hello, I have been using woodmart default values ​​for almost 3 years now, and I want to replace the template or pages to the latest megamarkt demo, I have vendors, how do I do this without deleting orders, customers, merchants, and products please help. Also, is it possible to install the new pages with my current site, as well as is it possible to save the current pages before installing the new demo, the latest version, so that I can enable them later.
    Best

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and upload the demo: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/installation-process/ Please find the download section of the manual.

Please note: as soon as you set the demo all your current theme settings would be changed.

You can add the pages and other content.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

mahros111
    Participant

Hello, thanks for the quick support. But I have pages like Contact Us, Title, Products, Members, Orders, Vendors and I don’t want them to be deleted after reloading the demo version.

Hello,

When you upload the demo, no pages are deleted or reset.

Demo changes the Theme Settings in Dashboard > Theme Settings.

All the content would remain the same, in any case, you would better make the full backup of the site before any modifications.

Best Regards

mahros111
    Participant

We tried on our other beta site, but when importing the demo or the version you want, it deletes all the existing pages and replaces them with new ones. Therefore, we cannot take advantage of any version added by you. We have our tired pages to translate into our language, as well as other pages. We want to import the new version so we can take time to replace your logo and change the content before it appears live to customers and we need to keep some of the existing pages. I think if there is no choice, it is better to go to buy another theme, because we are 4 years on this theme without a technical solution to benefit from any new release. Please let us know if there is a way.

Hello,

Please export all the content by means of Dashboard > Tools > Export/import and then import again.

In any case, make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

mahros111
    Participant

It seems that you did not understand my problem. I want to replace the demo version with megamarket, which is in blue. It notes that the current pages will be deleted. How do I do that, I tried all the methods, but it deletes all the existing pages. I want this in the screenshot below.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

When you upload the demo, the content is not changed and no pages are deleted.

You need just to upload the demo and configure your menu.

Alternatively, advise please which pages you want to show and where.

Best Regards

mahros111
    Participant

I want all pages in the new version with my existing pages. This helps me not publish new pages until I work on them and translate them while my clients don’t feel like it before publishing the new pages.

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and upload the demo.

If you notice that any pages disappeared, restore the site from the backup, and advise what demo you want to upload I will help.

Best Regards

mahros111
    Participant

I told you before that I did it but to no avail
    I told you, I did it and restore the backup. But it doesn’t work. My current pages have been deleted and replaced with demo pages. You have now restored the backup. I need all demo pages of the new version in draft mode to work on them, and my current pages will remain published to clients.

Hello,

If you want to have all the demo pages, you need to install the theme to the new WordPress installation and upload the demo from scratch.

Best Regards

mahros111
    Participant

Hello, it is difficult for me to install the theme on a new WordPress. Because I have clients and merchants on my site, I want to change the current version to the MegaMarket version with my existing pages. If I download the MegaMarket version it will delete all my existing pages and replace them with the pages of the downloaded version. I tried it and this is what happened. Please help to understand my question

Hello,

Please create a testing site, install the theme, upload the demo, export the content you need by means of Dashboard > Tools > Export/import, and upload the file to your site.

Best Regards

mahros111
    Participant

Well I will try, but what will happen when I download the exported file and upload it to my site? Do pages remain in draft mode until I publish them?

Hello,

When you import files with pages, these pages are added to existing ones. In any case, always make the full backup of your site before any actions.

Best Regards

mahros111
    Participant

Hi, I did this and followed the instructions but didn’t get the same design and different blocks. No point in it.

Hello,

WoodMart theme cannot influence this, unfortunately. Usually, when you upload the demo, the site gets the view of the demo and existing content remains the same. New pages are added and keep their design.

If you have a problem, most likely the problem is caused by third parties plugin or customization on your site.

Best Regards

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)